CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

The Saga Continues


Guess what came in the mail yesterday??? Oh, my package that was supposed to go to SLC vital records. Don't worry about me sending it out on the 4th of Sept. and the other package, sent 3 weeks later, is already on it's way back to me + a birth certificate. So who here wants to know why this package got sent back to me? The Mailboxes and More guy seems to think it was b/c I didn't write the "to" address right and forgot to write my return address in the top left hand corner. Come to find out... Mr. Mailboxes FORGOT to put the postage sticker on the freak'n package!! What the??? Are you joking?? So I march straight into the store and asked for a refund. The guy starts telling me, "I put the postage on there, it must've fallen off". What kind of lame excuse is that? My gosh, just own up to it. And if it did "fall off" how did the bar code sticker stay on or the "reason package was sent back" sticker stay on? Anyway, when I told him his answer was unacceptable he then started to tell me that it was my fault in the first place b/c I shouldn't have sent it "only" priority mail if I didn't want it lost. What?? I told him that his company needs to pay for me having to send the package AGAIN next day by UPS and that it would be the least they could do. He told me that he's not going to do that and that if I wanted it sent UPS I should've gone through them. So I was trying to tell him that there was no way I was putting another package of mine in his hands if he was too incompetent to even put a postage sticker on my package and he is the MANAGER of a dang packaging place! He wouldn't stop telling me "well you should've done this, you should've done that...blah blah blah" Anyway, I am taking with the owner this morning. I don't think I have ever had such poor customer service in my life.
Oh, it gets even better....

So I went in at a little after 10 am this morning to speak with the Owner. I saw the manager as I walked in and politely asked him if the owner of the store was in yet. He pointed to the lady up at the counter and said, "that lady up there, talk to her". So I went to her and politely told her what had happened and that I would like to be reimbursed for what I had to pay for the manager's mistake. She said, "I'm sorry but that can't be done. You should've come to us and had us send it UPS for you and we would've done it for free." I told her that I didn't understand that b/c what would be the difference of her paying for it or reimbursing me for what I paid? Then I looked at her a little closer and realized that she was the same lady that was in the store yesterday only weird...her hair wasn't short and curly any more, it was straight and in a pony tail. The pony tail was fake! Which led me to believe that they were trying to make her look different so that I didn't recognize her at first. So I looked at her and said, "are you really the manager?" after a lot of stuttering and her trying to back pedal she then says, "well, I'm going to buy the company from the owner" Me:"so you're not the owner?" her:"well I will be in a few weeks". me:"how come when I asked to speak to the owner that man told me to talk to you?? and why did you act like the owner?? You are lying to me and I would like to speak to the owner right NOW!" They then got all scared and told me "fine! here's your money" I told them I still wanted the owner's name and phone #. They started telling me that they did nothing wrong and that is confidential information and they aren't allowed to give me names and numbers (which is a bunch of bull b/c I know perfectly well that they are obligated to give that contact information). The manager started shouting at me and talking over me, changing his story, and getting caught in more lies. When he saw that I wasn't going to let up on this he FINALLY calmed down and apologized and actually understood the predicament he put me in the last few weeks and all of the lengths I had to go to get things settled. I told him that I truly was grateful that he understood and that he apologized but I will need to talk to the owner. I went on to say (politely), "my advice to you would be, if this ever happens with anyone else you may want to stop and listen to the person. That way you could understand what they were saying before you jump down their throat and avoid a situation like what happened here." I smiled and walked out. I will however still be letting the owner know what kind of business is being run here.

I can't believe anyone would try and trick me into believing they are the owner. I thought I was in a movie or something for a moment there. Seriously, who does that??
Anyway, let this be a lesson to everyone... don't go to Mailboxes & More.

7 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

That is crazy! Why are people so ridiculous! I cannot believe they went to such extremes to make their story fly. Wow... I love that you were so tough about things!

Samantha Fife said...

that is crazy! You should soooo report them to the Better business brueau, they will get in to much trouble! It's so crazy it's hard to imageine it actually happening.....

The Belnaps said...

Oh my gosh! That is umbelieveable! I'm glad you held your guns. I agree with reporting them to the Business Bureau, that's may get them a nice fat fine! I'm glad your paperwork is safe now and no longer in the hands of idiots.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Ok, so the part that gets me, is that you are a pregnant woman! I mean, come on, where is this guys logic!?! Don't upset a pregnant woman, mister. I love this story though, it reminds me of the time we went to Papa's Southern BBQ and they wouldn't give us our discount so you asked for the owner! Way to go Morgan, you're an inspiration to all of us!

Tiffany said...

Hello Joseph, long time no talk! It was good to hear from you. My husband and I are just chilling in Powell Wyoming. I know what your thinking, where the crap is that. It is about 70 miles from yellowstone, and it is a town and the size of Othello. It isn't where I thought I would end up, but Devin had a great job offer, and I wouldn't have to work. So, your living in sin city huh? I love Vegas, but it does get very hot there. Congratulations on the new arrival that is very exciting! If we didn't have boy first we would probably have another one! Cael is such a handful, but we love him. Well it was good to hear from you and keep in touch.
Tiffany

mostly Stacy said...

You really have the best stories.... I tell your airplane cheez whiz story at work all the time. Everbody always dies laughing.