CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ode To My Husband


Yesterday I was getting pretty excited b/c I got a $10 Kohls gift card in the mail and these boots that Ella wanted there were going to be like 50% plus an extra 15% off if I get in there before 1pm. So me, loving shopping the way I do, set off after breakfast fully packed with snacks, a water bottle, Ella in hand and a smile on my face. I went across town to Kohl's and didn't see any signs for the extra 15% off. After asking the lady in the shoe section about the sale she said maybe I read it wrong and it was this weekend. I wasn't going to let that make me sad so instead of shopping I took Ella to the park out there. She had fun and played and then we hit Target on the way home. By the time we were coming home snacks were gone, water was gone and it was nap time. We hung in there by singing Wheels on the Bus and Pokey Bear, but inch by inch things started to annoy momma and Ella. (such as people riding my tail on the freeway, not letting me in the lane when my lane was ending and people going soooo slow)The gas light came on in the car so I thought I'd better fill it up so that if I'm in a hurry next time I need to use the car I don't have to stop at the gas station. We pull into the gas station, park and go in so I can pay by credit. I pick up my 24 pound daughter while being tired and 6.5 months pregnant and go in the store to prepay. (The whole time I'm thinking that I can't wait to get home) I tell the lady I want $30 on pump 9. She tells me they don't take credit so I said, "Ok, well then just put $20 on my debit." So she said ok and then gives me my receipt along with 2 ten dollar bills. I looked at her like, "what?? what is that for?" She freaking put $30 on my pump AND took $20 for cash back. Normally this wouldn't bother me but when you have a million bills coming out this week and your husband doesn't get paid till Monday you tend to freak when an extra $30 gets taken out of your account. I asked her to just void it out and put it back on my card and she said she couldn't. So I did the only mature thing and ripped the cash out of her hand and told her she was an idiot...then walked out. If it weren't for my sweet spirited husband I probably would've been still angry but when I called him and he told me I was kind of a monster I realized he was right. Obviously the lady didn't hear me right and I'm sure she wasn't trying to cause trouble with my bank account and I could've handled it differently.

Is it just the day or am I turning into an angry person?? Sad that this is written right after the whole Mailboxes fiasco... makes me sound like I'm crazy. Maybe I am. I think you moms out there will understand. When you're pregnant and tired and hungry and everything seems to be going wrong sometimes you just snap. When I met Jospeh I used to be the most layed back person ever and let things slide a lot. I would still stand up for myself but I was pretty easy going. Ugh. I'm just glad he's here to keep me sane. Thanks babe-a! I love you.

5 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

I love you blog Morgan because you are so honest and straightforward, AND most of all because it makes me laugh out loud so that anyone else in the room thinks that I have gone crazy! I love you and miss you so much, I wish you lived close so we could have these exciting experiences together! :)

Samantha Fife said...

You are not crazy.... I just screamed at the Jack in the Box chick for not putting cheese on my CHEESEBURGER! Who orders a cheeseburger and doesn't expect cheese? Plus the ORIGINAL fried I ordered suddenly turned to curly fries and I have PMS - I need cheeseburger's to be cheeseburgers and straight fries to be straight fries! I'm not even pregnant and I can relate - watch out world!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Seriously, I 100% understnad that "I can't handle one more second of the world" feeling. You aren't crazy. And if you are, so are the rest of us!! Or if we are, God knew it, and that's why he gave us husbands!!

steph said...

haha. seriously though, when money's tight and someone makes a stupid mistake like that, it's sooo annoying. and why the heck couldn't she just refund the money? i would have been ticked too.

Samantha Fife said...

Yeah, Jordan really did put her clothes on like that! He has done the backwards thing too. Usually he asks me what she is supposed to wear and how to do it also. Actually, I usually dress her! This one slipped through the cracks......