For those of you who don't know me, I'm a big pack rat. Not that I like to keep junk, but I don't like to throw things away if they are still in good condition. So I try and find someone to give it to. I was telling Joseph a while back that we should have a yard sale. Only problem is, we don't have a YARD to have a yard sale. But I've discovered the power of Ebay and Craig's list. I just sold a papasan chair that I got back in college and hardly ever used. It's been sitting in our house or storage for 3 years now. We use it as a place to put things that don't have a place... kinda like the chair. Since we never used it, it's in pretty good shape and I sold it yesterday for like $40. Killed two birds with one stone....made a little money and got that chair out of my apartment to make it more spacious. Yay. I'm kinda on this cleaning rampage now where I'm rubbing my hands together thinking, "hmmmm, what else can I sell?" Joseph is gonna come home one day to an empty house b/c I'm getting a little sell happy. lol
In other news....Joseph is doing well. Business is going and so is the Las Vegas heat. The last couple months of summer have really been weighing on Joseph. It's pretty hard to be sitting outside for over 8 hours in 110+ heat. He's really happy to be in the month of September and it only been like 102-105 degrees. Not too long now before it'll finally be in the double digits. Hurray! But he is so good to us for sticking it out and always comes home with a smile on his face.
Joseph isn't the only one suffering from the heat. Poor Ella hasn't been able to go outside b/c it's been so hot. I think if she had her way she wouldn't care, but her momma can't stand it so Ella has to play inside. Last week was like Christmas to her though, it had been cooling down and she got to play on the playground all week long. She loves the slides but scares her mom half to death b/c some of them are way up high and I always worry she's gonna fall off the 8 foot platforms. But what are mom's for if they're not there to worry for their kids? She loves to color and use pens. Today was so cute though, for the first time she would try and tell me what animal she was drawing and would go down the list: dog, kitty, cow, monkey, fish, and then went to Nonie, Grandpa, GG, daddy, mommy, Aunt Ashley....She would tell me which one she was going to draw, do a little scribble, clap, then tell me the next thing she was going to draw.
And last but not least, speaking of worrying, 'lil Carly is doing fine. I always worry when I haven't felt a kick or somersault in an hour or so but she seems to be doing fine. The doctor says that she is sitting pretty low and the placenta is low too. I totally believe it b/c I can't even get out of bed with out feeling her crunching down on my groin. The aches and pains of pregnancy came faster with this one and they're back with a vengeance.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Oh Craigs List, how I love you...
Posted by MoJo at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm glad the weather is getting better. I normally like heat but lately not so much, I can't imagine 110F. Yikes! Anyway, hope the pregnancy gets better. I'm amazed that anyone can be pregnant while raising a child or children. More power to you!
Hey, I LOVE craigslist too! I try to think of something everyday I can sell. I am obsessed with looking at it too just to see if I "NEED" anything...... Hey, I am from Wyoming and we love garage sales!
Post a Comment