CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

This and That

I had a doctor's appointment today. He says the baby's heart beat is strong and she sounds great. Only thing is, when he measured her he said that she's measuring small. I didn't think much about it at first b/c I had a lot of questions for him that I was trying to remember. But now that I think about it...what??? I can't believe I didn't ask him what that was supposed to mean..."she's measuring small." I worry b/c that's just what I do, worry. But also b/c I don't feel like I've grown much at all. I've gotten big, sure, but a lot of that is b/c I can't stay away from good food. I told Joseph that I feel like haven't grown in the past month and that I worry she's not growing. Then my doctor says she's measuring small. Joseph keeps reassuring me that I worry too much and that she's got a good strong heart beat so not to worry. I go back on Oct. 5th so we shall see. :)

Today Joseph and I went to a thrift store to look for books (well, he looked for books, I just looked for good deals on things I "need".) I found some cute maternity pants that were only $8. I put them back b/c I thought, "$8 jeans from the thrift store?? I'm not paying $8 for a pair of pants." When I got home I got to thinking about it and boy am I a cheap skate! I can't even pay $8 for a pair of jeans that I thought were cute? Best part is, I would've thrown down $30 - $40 for a pair of jeans from Motherhood or something. Does anyone else do that? There's something seriously wrong with my thinking process. :)

6 comments:

Samantha Fife said...

I refuse to pay more than 3 bucks for something at a thrift store!

And don't worry about little Carly, she will be perfect!

steph said...

haha...you're silly. and i wouldn't worry about the baby. just be happy that she's not measuring big!!

Melissa Wilson said...

Yeah, sometimes I think WOW if this is second hand it should be close to free (which I guess $8 is...) but I usually regret not getting it when I get home because it would have cost a lot more new and I would have probably paid for it. That's so funny to think about :)

The Belnaps said...

It seems like thrift store prices are getting higher and higher everytime I go too. I guess it's better than paying full price somewhere else, especially when it's still in good condition. About Carly, she will be fine! I get so sick of numbers when it comes to Doctors. They freak every mother out with these so called "normal" stats. There's no such thing as normal. As long as your baby is healthy I wouldn't worry about size. She'll grow on her own time.

Lobdell family said...

Here is my new blog site as well. I love copying my cousins and siblings. http://keithandjilllobdell.blogspot.com/

Lobdell family said...

Nobody believed me taht I was pregnnt with malynda. I didn't have a tummy until maybe 2 weeks before she came. She was 5lbs 15 oz and was born 3 weeks early (yeah!) Just keep eating healthy and do what you are doing.