
So I think I mentioned to some of you that Ella was really liking the potty and has been wanting to try it. So I started looking into the whole potty training thing more, knowing that Ella's time was coming. My mom told me of this book called "Toilet Trained in Less Than a Day". She said that she used it when training my 4 other siblings and me back in the day. She said she was a little skeptical at first but when she tried it, it really worked for ALL 5 of us kids! So I ordered the book from Amazon a few weeks ago and have been reading and studying it. In the study they did with all of these kids (to figure out the best way to potty train) the ages of the kids ranged from 20 months to 5 years old. Ella is 20 1/2 months and there is a couple of tests to try on her to see if she's ready. It's to test if she's physically and intellectually ready and if she can control her bladder. Ella passed all the tests so I figured it was time.
So today was the day. We got a "Baby Alive" doll (she really drinks and pees), an Ella sized potty, like 6 different kinds of yummy juices and soft drinks, potato chips, corn chips, My Little Pony fruit snacks, cookies, licorice, ect. (I know, TONS of junk) There's lots of praise and over excitement involved when she goes in the potty but when there's an accident you have to practice running to the potty 10 times from different locations in the house. Yikes!
Anyway, I started at 8 o'clock this morning and for a little bit I was thinking, "what the heck was I thinking??" I was so tired, she was throwing a big fit b/c her first accident was pooping in her pants (GROSS!) and she had to practice running to the potty in poopy pants. It sucked b/c I had to basically drag her but stay positive. My stomach was aching and I'm sure little Carly didn't like her momma dragging a bunch of dead weight. I was sweating, running out of steam, tired, hungry and I felt like giving up. I wasn't even sure if I was doing it right. But, I stuck with it and just like the book said, she finally got the hang of things by noon! She was really cranky so we took a nap break. After nap Ella was totally dry! I was excited. She did have one other accident in the evening and I felt really bad for her b/c she almost started crying. Anyway, I know this was long and boring for those of you who don't care but for those of you who are also trying to potty train, this is a good book to get and very helpful. It wasn't easy and I feel like a train wreck and Ella was really wiped out but I think it paid off.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Potty Training???? Am I crazy??
Posted by MoJo at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
good job morgan!! that's a pretty big job and i've heard you have to set a few days aside like that just so you can focus on the potty all day long. sounds like work!! but if you can have her potty trained at 20 months, that's a pretty great accomplishment!!
So how are things now???
Post a Comment