I've FINALLY found some time to blog. I swear, I never used to be this busy. I used to find time to catch up on all my blogger friend's and comment on them, catch up on e-mails, family websites, etc. with still time to feed Ella and Carly and play with Ella, just one on one time, then play with Carly, just one on one time. But on our way to AZ last week, Joseph and I had a good long 5 hours to talk over somethings. We've decided that we don't look like we used too and really need to do something about it so that we don't get so far in the pit of weight gain that there seems to be no way out. We've set some achievable weight loss goals and all week have really been sticking to them. We decided that with 2 kids (one of being a new born and the other a time demanding two year old) we probably shouldn't be going to bed at midnight anymore and making Ella drag us out of bed to get her some breakfast any more. It is hard b/c, yeah, at night we're wicked tired but I don't want to go to bed because that's time taken away from me and my wonderful hubbins AND (in my mind) the sooner I go to bed at night means the sooner I have to wake up and start all over being "just a mom" again. (don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but when kids go to bed and I get to sit with Joseph and just chill, that makes me feel like a wife too.) Anyway, Joseph and I decided that since it gets so hot in the Vegas Springs/Summers we should work out in the mornings. We started going to bed at 9:00 pm (lights out at 9:30). Joseph wakes up at 5 am to run 2 miles and I wake up at 5:30 or 6:00am, feed Carly and then run 1 3/4 miles. (May not see like a lot to some of you but when you are just starting back it's a lot.) :) We are eating better and making sure we're getting the calories needed to boost our metabolism....the same metabolism we used to have when we first got married. So in doing this, after all the exercising and feedings are done we still get to be together another hour before Ella wakes up. Then, not only are we getting a better sleep regimen, we're sitting down to breakfast as a family and I'm actually sitting down with Ella to eat lunch. (as opposed to taking a bite of my sandwich, running and doing something, then something else and after about 2 hours realizing my sandwich is still on the counter with only a bite out of it, then tossing it and grabbing a cookie.) I've also been having play dates for Ella. It's soooooo much better than me being so exhausted that I just turn on cartoons for her and fall asleep on the couch. I've also been more aware of my home. I feel the WANT to clean up the house before it gets too messy (as opposed to waiting 3 days to finally give in and do the dishes). This is why I've been so busy. I've been getting things done for my family and for me, but that means I haven't had time to e-mail or blog. Sorry. :)
Anyway, Here is what happened last weekend.....
We went to the big rodeo/petting zoo/carnival/pony rides, etc and it was so much fun. I was so glad we went but wish we could've stayed longer. We first went to ride the ponies but after standing in line and finally getting up to the pony, Ella was sooo freaked out by it that she started bawling her eyes out before we even put her on. I figured maybe that wasn't the best activity to start out with and we went off to watch little kids try and catch baby chicks. It was so cute, they started with the two year olds. All of these cute little two year olds (with their moms) we out into this corral and they let all these baby chicks loose. The kids had to try and catch one and if they did they got to keep it. (for this reason, we didn't have Ella register to do it, what the heck am I going to do with a baby chick??) Then they did a greased piglet chase. And yes, it is just what it sounds like. They greased these little piglets and let these kids (again, starting with the two year olds) chase them around for like 5 min. and whoever caught one got to keep it. We weren't able to stay and watch but I bet it would've been so dang funny.
Checking out the baby cows....
Ella was so excited to see cows for the first time.
The had the cutest baby bunnies. They were only a week old.
Here some semi-baby chicks. She was too scared to pick them up like all the other little kids but she liked to touch them.
This is the tail end of a goat. Ella was a little too nervous to touch him up by his face so she petted his behind. ha.
These are the tractors that Ella HAD to sit on. She had so much fun just sitting there. (as you can see, the first picture was taken with all of us at the tractors.)
After all was said and done Ella decided that she was ready to try the ponies again. As I stood in line with her I talked to her all about how they are baby ponies and she can ride on the very smallest. She was a little timid but sat on the pony and went for a ride. As you can see, she insisted on putting one arm around me and hold the saddle with the other hand. I had to be pretty careful not to trip and fall because those little ponies walk a lot faster than you think. lol
Finishing off the fun day with some yummy ice cream
We had so much fun and Ella did really well. This was her first time seeing these kinds of animals up close or not in a book. She was pretty excited, very interested, and at times pretty timid, but did great. I was really happy she decided to ride the pony after all because I didn't know when she'd get another chance to experience it. It was also fun for my parents to see Ella and Carly again...especially Car-Car b/c they hadn't seen her since Jan. and she sure has changed since then.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Arizona and Everything Else
Posted by MoJo at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
you guys are so fun!! i don't know what advice you got about burping carly though i'm sure my advice will be stuff you know, but crew was like that too. it was so frustrating. i would only let him eat on ONE side each feeding so he got lots of hindmilk to keep him full longer and i burped him like 3-4 times during the feeding. i'd just pull him off and he burped a lot easier earlier on in the feeding than if i waited too long. good luck with that one. it's tricky!!
It looks like you had a lot of fun. Do you have any pictures with your parents? I have gained almost 20 lbs since high school but my doctor told me if I dropped below the 100lb mark she would hunt me down and kill me. Good luck with your exercizing. I would be lucky if I could run a mile. I hate running.
All my lenhart family is from Germany!! BUt...I don't know about any other members, maybe we're long lost relatives??? :)
Hello Morgan! Ella is adorable. I can't believe it was her first time with animals. You've gotta come up to Othello more often; animals are everywhere! Glad to see you're doing well.
Morgan, props to you on your life changes!! I have thoughts of such, but have not found the commitment to do them yet. I'll look to you as my example!!
Oh my gosh, I can't believe Carly is 2 months, almost 3 now I guess! She is so cute, that, in your words, "I want to eat her cheeks!" You'll do fine losing weight, you always were able to stick to exercise/diet plans. You guys are such a cute family... P.S. What are you guys doing between 9:00 and lights out? I don't get it... haha lol
I hate exercise too. I did find though that if we cut our red meat down to once a week and do chicken or fish the rest of the time, I lost like ten pounds in two weeks, just doing that.... Also, look for this cheesy thing called leg magic, I got mine on craigslist but Walmart has it too.... It is wonderful and so easy! You can do it, it does make a huge difference in the day though when you have more energy. Good Luck!
Post a Comment