Lately I can never find time to get online long enough to write a blog post, e-mail, comment or whatever. Kind of like now.... Carly just woke up and wants to eat. Riiiight...so I guess I'll pick this up later. Ok, I'm back. That only took about an hour. I'm looking around at my apt. right now. There's trash to be taken out, laundry to be folded that I should've done last night but I was way too tired so I left it for the morning. Everything from my diaper bag is dumped out all over the floor from Ella going through it and about 1/4 of Ella's room dragged into the living room. This is just a part of what my day consists of. So please forgive me on no blogs for two weeks. :) I still don't have much time to write but I've got pictures and those say a thousand words right? So I've got about a million words for you....
This was at the UNLV basket ball game. This was Ella's (and Carly's) first time at a basket ball game. She had the time of her life.
It was an edge of your seat game.
I think her favorite part was the "dancing ladies" (cheerleaders and pom girls) and the fact that she got to yell and scream and clap and nobody told her to try and be quieter. It was pretty sad at the end of the game b/c everyone stood up to leave and Ella bawled her eyes out b/c she wasn't done having fun. She kept crying, "my bakit ball?? my bakit ball!!! My dis kind" and point in back to the game. We kept telling her that it was over and look at all the people leaving. But she wasn't having it.
Afterward we went to the mall b/c we didn't want our fun day to end. I got some make up and while the lady was showing me her product she let Ella play in the make up to keep her happy so she could have my undivided attention. I told her I didn't know how happy she'd be with that idea but she said it was ok. Here's Ella after her make over. (check out her shirt!) You can't tell that much in the picture because it was just powder and blush, but it was literally ALL over her face. She had fun though.
EASTER EGG HUNT
This past weekend we went to an Easter carnival put on by the community. It was great b/c it was free and there was a lot of fun stuff to do. First they had an Easter egg hunt for each age group. They had the 1 and 2 year olds go together. It was sooo cute. All of these 1 and 2 yr olds lined up at the starting line waiting till they blew the whistle so they can go pick up all of these eggs all over the ground. Parents weren't aloud to go in the field with them for the safety of the kids. So they blow the whistle and OF COURSE all these parents go running out with their kids. So I lose Ella and it scared her. I was a little upset. What a great example to set by not following the rules. Then, they said that the parents could go out after all so I went out with Ella and would show her where some eggs were. She'd start running to them and then a parent would go and scoop them up by the arm full and run away. Pretty annoying but Ella had a lot of fun and I don't think she noticed.
Ella hunting for eggs.
Here are all of Ella's eggs.
They also had one of those jumpy blow up tent things.
...and face painting.
Ella asked the lady if she could have a puppy face. I think she did a pretty good job. I would've had no clue how to do it. Ella loved it. When we got home she grabbed her stool and went and looked at herself in the mirror for about 20 min. She was making different faces and just giggling at her fun painted face. It was pretty cute.
RANDOM PICTURES THROUGH OUT THE WEEK
Smily girl. I love these smiles!
Nap time. I fell sleep with Ella and Carly. When I woke up this is what I saw so I took a picture.
Dress up.
Rumba-Bumbas. Who can resist those little chubber thighs. I kind of want to bite her.
So there you have it...last two weeks in review.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Two Weeks In Review
Posted by MoJo at 7:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Looks like you had a fun week! I love that Ella loves basketball-we canbe best friends! And it would have made me mad too that the parents were taking over the kids fun..... Anyway, is there a hotel with an outside pool anywhere near you guys? Or is there a fun one that you reccomend? I know the strip but we trying to avoid it I think. Anyway, let me know when you get a chance!
parents can be so lame...I hope I'm never a lame parent that runs out when I'm not supposed to and steals eggs from 2 year olds!! Jealous that you guys can wear shorts...
That easter egg hunt looked like lots of fun!(besides those dang parents)...and face painting! Madie would have loved that. It looks like you guys had fun at the UNLV game too.
Ella just made my day sunday with all her hugs! I love that girl!
ps. I love your blog you'll have to show me how you do that cute back ground sometime.
Oh and ella's shirt at the B-ball game is SOOO cute! where did you find it?
I love Ella's B-ball shirt, sooo cute. And i also love that she was thrilled about b-ball. Emma always asks if we can go to see "the football game" up at Tech after we only went once...be forewarned :) Thanks for all the pics! I really need to blog too, but alas, I wont be today!
-Melissa
Thanks for the advice about nursery. I was glad that I wasn't the only one that thought the binki thing was a bad idea. Carly is getting so big so fast I can't believe it! I just love the pic of the two girls napping together, that's priceless. :)
Your girls are adorable. I am glad she liked the game. Good luck finding time.
Nonie and Pop would do an even bigger egg hunt and Ellla (or Carly) wouldn't have any competition at all. AND...ours would be free...AND...there would be free prizes including (but not limited to) free food and lodging. Now that's a great deal for some fortunate 2 yr old (and 3 mo. old) who have parents that love them dearly and want them to have the best.
But WAIT... that's not all...If you act now (or at least by this weekend) there will be a special surprise bonus...
Like what? Gas money?
The third pic down, of Ella, can we say twinner? She looks like your little mini-me! I had to stop for a sec.. and do a double take... haha! Your girls are gorgeous! Glad yall had such a fun time!
i love all the pictures. carly is getting to big already!! i love the chubbs!! hee hee. and i love the pic of the nap....sooooo cute!!
We love the rebel games...i bet we were at the same one! I saw that you had a blog on Maggie's so i added you. Your family takes some fun pictures!
Erin is right! I was just thinking while I was looking at those pics thinking, oh my gosh, it's a little Morgan!
Post a Comment