Carly started sleeping through the night at about 6 or 7 weeks. Then about a week ago she stopped sleeping through the night and wanted to start eating at 3 am! Ahhh. NOOOOO! I think maybe she started to go through a growth spurt or something. Last night, I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking Carly was going to wake up but she never did! She slept through the night till 7am! Hallelujah! Then something else amazing happened! At about 6am I heard Ella's door open and I thought "Great, she's waking up at 6 am. You've got to be kidding me." But she didn't come straight to our room as usual to wake us up. I heard her clicking and clacking in the bathroom so I got up to see what she was getting into and low and behold....there she was, butt naked from the waist down, stool in hand putting it up to the toilet so that she could go potty! When she saw me you could tell that she was pretty groggy and said to me, "my potty mommy." After she went, she pulled up her panties and got back in bed, under her covers and fell back asleep! Wahoo! Joseph and I have been putting her in panties (as opposed to diapers) at night right before she turned 2 years old b/c her diapers were always dry in the mornings. She's had about 3 night accidents at first and none for the past 2 months! We had been getting her up to go potty right before we went to bed every night and now it seems she knows the routine. YESSSSSS! Pretty good considering the fact that her mommy didn't stop wetting the bed till she was 12! --What??? Who said that?
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Morgan that's awesome! What exciting news! And that's hilarious about you - good job just putting it out there.
This truly calls for a celebration! Good job Ella and Carly!
Congratulations! Sleeping through the night at 7 weeks? Please tell me the secret! Also, my mom mentioned what a great job you and Ella have done with potty training using a method you learned from your mom. I'd love to get some tips and after reading your post it sounds like you know some good ones. Your gals are beauties and I love getting to see y'all doing so well! My email is Linds1212@gmail if you're able to help. ;)
Oh, how nice! Potty training for Ella AND sleeping for Carly, those are both huge triumphs. Congrats!
oh yeah, sorry, my eamil is jordanandsamantha@gmail.com
Nice job with both. I wish I can say my kids sleep through the night but that is wishful thinking.
Joseph is still working on it. Way to be advanced Ella.
-Eric
hey just thought I'd let you know our blog address its quingela.blogspot.com I found your blog through maggie's
Post a Comment