This weekend we had our friends the Cox family come out from St. George to visit for the day. They got here Sat. morning and left that night but we sure packed in a lot for the day. Shortly after they arrived we left for the Zoo. I guess you could call it a zoo. It was a pretty sorry excuse for a zoo. It was only 3 acres but quite big for a couple of 22 month old kids. One cool thing was that they had peacocks, roosters and pigeons freely walking around the place. We thought it would be fun for the kids if we got them each a cup of bird seed to feed the birds.... BIG fat mistake. Not only was Ella freaked out by all the birds by our feet but I was too and they wouldn't leave us alone. So as long as we had the bird seed, a swarm of nappy birds were always at our feet and if we didn't start feeding them fast enough they'd peck at our feet! I just took the cup and threw the seed out of it (away from us of course). We were lucky enough to get to the zoo right as they were letting a few people in this room where there was a baby kangaroo, a wallaby, a monkey (can't remember what kind but he was sooo little with real soft fur and big eyes), a porcupine, and this one thing that was like a cross between a bunny/gigantic rat/monkey. They were letting us play with and pet these animals and it was so cute to see Ella and her buddy Gavin enjoying these new animals so much. Ella thought everything was a kitty. The monkey/rat/bunny thing was so dang cute. He was crawling from shoulder to shoulder on everyone in the room. Crawling on everyone's head and sniffing to see if they had food. I was standing next to Joseph who was holding Ella when the animal jumped on my shoulder and was trying to get some snacks I brought in my purse. When he couldn't get them he then jumped on Joseph's shoulders and freaked Ella out for a second. Once she realized it was ok she was so excited for the little guy to be there. We ate at In and Out Burger for lunch. Then when the babies went down for a nap our husbands were nice enough to stay with them so we could do what we do best...go shopping. :) Alissa and I had Ella and Gavin a day apart and now we're both pregnant again. Alissa is due the 28th of Dec. and I'm due the 8th of Jan. and we're both having girls. So it's been fun to have our kids grow up together, go shopping for them and talk about our kids and pregnancies together. I don't know why, but I love shopping for Ella. Not me or the new baby but for some reason it's so fun to get Ella new things. Maybe it's b/c I'm having another girl and I feel bad buying new clothes for her when I have SO MANY clothes from Ella. I need new shirts, probably some jeans and a new coat but I don't even feel like trying them on let alone go in a store for me. Anyway, that night we walked around Green Valley Mall and picked up some dinner at Chipotle. Green Valley Mall is fun b/c it's outside and on the weekends they have a live cover band and a courtyard where people can sit and listen and kids can run and play. They still have tons of shops and restaurants there. It's a real fun atmosphere. I feel so bad that I don't have any pictures of the day b/c it would be really fun to have them. My camera's battery was dead and I didn't realize it till right when we were leaving so I didn't have time to charge the batteries. But here is a video for your viewing pleasure from last week when we went to FAO Schwarts. It's pretty dang funny. Kinda sad but funny.
Ok, I've tried to get this dang thing uploaded and now I want to go to bed so we'll try again tomorrow. :)
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Zoological
Posted by MoJo at 8:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
isn't it so funny how it's so much more fun to shop for the babies? the funny thing is, i'm always like- crew has way too many clothes and i'm not allowed to buy him anything else. but then i'll go to target and there will be great clearance stuff so i have to buy it....haha...it's a vicious cycle!
I just love reading your blogs, and I am sure I say this in most of my comments to you, but I crack up because I know I would do the same thing. We had some geese attack us at the park so I threw the bread at them and yelled at them to "get away!".I laughed all the way to the car after that adventure!
Post a Comment