Thanks to all who have written comments and e-mails. It's nice to know you've got friends out there to offer their worry, love and prayers for you. :) Oh and a big shout out to Katie! I knew you were out there somewhere! :) Keep commenting, I like hearing from ya. :) Anyway, here's the scoop...Joseph and I went to the doctor this morning. This time it was my own doctor. We had a lot of questions for him. The first one is that after I found out that the baby doesn't weigh enough I did some research on the internet and in some books I have and saw that in pretty much all of the articles, a fetus in the 29th week is supposed to weigh between around 2.5 pounds. I'm 29 weeks and 4 days and Carly is 2 lbs 10 oz. so it looks like she's right on. Plus, her fetal kick counts are going strong so I just don't understand what the big deal is. Anyway, the dr. said that he doesn't see much of a problem with her weight either. That she looks healthy, her heart beat is perfect and all that. The problem is her tummy. It's apparently measuring small. He said that the size of her stomach is in the 4th percentile and if they get under the 10th percentile that's when they start worrying and put the mother on high risk. So who knows, I could have a really skinny baby inside me with a massive head and maybe that's why her weight is right on average. (nice! lol) Anyway....my dr. said that he wants to see me THREE, count them 1..2..3, times a week!!! That's a lot of doctor visits for a dr. that thinks everything is fine. Starting in 2 weeks I have to go in for my regular dr. visits, and then two fetal monitoring appointments all in one week. One of those monitoring appts. is going to be where they put a belt on me and measure my contractions and the heart beat of the baby. The other appt. is going to be another ultrasound to measure the baby and to check the amniotic fluid. The doctor did say that if they see a problem during one of these visits they're going to call him to deliver the baby that day. Depending on if she's in stress or not, he'll either induce me or take her by c-section. I'm not too worried about all this. I am kinda siding with my dr. thinking that things are going to be fine. He said I could still pick up Ella and I could go walking but to keep the walking to about 3/4 mile. (lately it's been 1 1/2 mi.) There are a few times here and there where I think, "oh my gosh, I could totally have a preemie!" I really don't want a preemie, they're so scary! I had to help a lady around the house a few years ago b/c she had a preemie and he was soooo tiny and was on a breathing machine and a monitor during the night with an alarm that went off if he stopped breathing! Yikes!! Mostly what I'm worried about is trying to find someone willing to watch Ella once or twice a week. I don't want to try and find someone different every time to watch her b/c that might just confuse her. There are some girls in my Sunday school class that I teach that always ask to watch Ella and I'd totally have them come over and they'd love it but they're all in school! Anyway, I'm gonna have to figure something out. I hate having to ask for a baby sitter if I don't know the person that well. I'm always worried that they will tell me they don't mind doing it but in reality they really do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I would totally babysit for you...........
Good luck with everything. If you would like, my best friend lives in Vegas and I can see if she knows or she has babysit for her. Good luck with everything.
Love and miss you.
Eric says that we will just take Ella! He says he'll drive down to LV right now and get her. I told him you might miss her...
i'm so happy that your dr thinks everything is ok. hopefully the checks all go well and carly gets to hang out in there until her due date. it's nice though that you're being taken such good care of. better safe than sorry, right?
Post a Comment