CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee......


Last weekend my parents came to visit and my mom helped me make Ella's costume. I get really stressed out when using a sewing machine and it was nice to have some extra hands. My machine wasn't working right (of COURSE!) so luckily my mom was smart enough to bring hers as a back up.

Today I thought we'd be real festive and start our Halloween out with a fun activity. So we painted and Ella LOVED it. I tried to get her to stop so she could eat lunch but she wasn't having it.

I turned my back to make lunch and when I went to get her she had already started on a new project. Oh happy day.
So here is Ella, in all her glory as a bumble bee. It's kinda funny b/c I asked her to stand against the wall so I could take a picture and she INSISTED that she lay on the floor to pose. I have no clue where she got that but I'm thinking the sugar had already started kicking in b/c she wouldn't stop giggling. I like this first picture b/c it totally shows her personality.

First we went to the trunk or treat at the church parking lot. Ella was so excited as we got her all hyped up about getting candy and meeting her friends to go trunk or treating but once we got there she wasn't all smiles any more. She was pretty scared....ok really scared. She wouldn't let us put her down and wouldn't even let people put candy in her bucket. I think she thought they were trying to grab her. Once she saw her friends she seemed to calm down a bit and got down to walk with them.
This car is a lady's that I visit teach. It was at the trunk or treat. I thought it was pretty creative. They did a "Little Red Riding Hood" theme.
The trunk or treat only lasted about 1/2 hour so we went to the mall to see all the other costumes and have a little more fun. I mean....come on...you can't make a fun costume and only wear it for 1/2 an hour. Right? :) She had fun running around all by herself (meaning not having to be held or in a stroller) and collecting candy. It was a pretty fun night and I think Ella had more candy tonight than she's ever had her whole life. I brushed her teeth for about 5 min. straight before bed. I haven't put up pictures for a while so here's some more pics from the night. Enjoy.



Here's the second sugar rush kicking in. She was being so silly with her daddy. Having kids definitely makes things like Halloween so much more fun!

5 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Morgan, I am so impressed with your costume making skills, even if your mom did help, it's still awesome! Ella looks so cute! We were excited to see Joseph tonight. Thanks for sharing your husband with Utah!

steph said...

cute little costume!! that's the cutest little bumble bee ever. i can't believe how grown up ella is looking!! where did that little baby go? looks like you guys had a fun halloween.

Melissa Wilson said...

I love, love, love the costume! You are such a crafty momma! Good work...It shows how amazing you are that you made the costume amidst your pregnancy troubles! We are still praying for you, talk to you soon!

Faron and Erin said...

How stinkin cute! That is so cool that you made her costume. It came out very cute =) You are looking just as beautiful as that little Ella Mae. Man.. she is a little mini -mo mo! I can't wait to see carly and compare! Hope you are feeling good and the girls and Joseph are doing well too! Love ya!

Samantha Fife said...

The coat is Old Nave. I thnk they know us by name in there! .....I like the bee costume too. How are you doing? Are you registered anywhere? Are you guys coming this way for any of the holidays? I hope so but can see why you might not! Well, Talk to you soon,
Samantha