CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 29, 2007

Our day trip and MY morning trip


We just got back Wednesday night from a fun family trip. Joseph had to work in Kingman, AZ but being later in the day he knew he'd have to get a hotel room and to finish up the next day. So Ella and I came along to keep him company. We got a hotel right on the bank of the Colorado River in Laughlin, NV (right on the border of AZ).We had an awesome view from our room. As it turned out Joseph really didn't have that much work to do and he got done early so we went down to the river bank and played in the sand, built sand castels, played in the water and just had a lot of fun. It was Ella's first time ever seeing sand or a body of natural water so it was really fun for her. We went to the dollar store and got a sand bucket and shovel. I think that was the best investment we'd ever made. She sat there for an hour shoveling sand and puting it in the pail and then shoveling it out and putting water in it. She loved it! We did have a little scary incedent.... there were lots of speed boats and jet skiis on the water which made for a lot of waves. Ella decided she wanted to start walking into the water so I started to carefully follow her so she could see for herself what it was like to walk into it. I was only like 2 feet behind her but she got hit with a little wave which sent her face forward in the water! I tried to get to her as fast as I could but the rocks were so sharp at the bottom and the water had so many little waves in it that it was inhibiting me from going fast enough. I could just see my little girl floating face down in the water. It seemed like forever before I got my hands on her and brought her back up. (even though she was only there for like 3 seconds) I brought her back to the shore and helped her cough all the water up. She was totally fine but I wasn't. I couldn't stop shaking. I'm one of those nuerotic moms that starts thinking, "what if I wasn't right behind her", "what if she got carried away to fast"..... But I calmed down long after Ella Bella and she was fine and kept playing like nothing happend. She's gonna be quite the fearless leader.

I'm so sad b/c I didn't think we'd have much to do in the hotel room so I didn't bring the camera and we ended up having a blast so I don't have any pictures, just my memory. But it was fun. We ate out a lot and went swimming a lot and just being together for 2 days straight was a lot of fun.

We came home late Wednesday night and the next morning, instead of my routine dart to the bathroom at 6 am, I shot up out of bed at 6 am feeling like I was going to vomit right then and there (which is really weird b/c I haven't felt like that for 2 months now). But here was my dilemma... every morning when I wake up I have to run to the bathroom before I pee my pants. So when I shot out of bed feeling like I was going to puke I thought to myself, "hmmmm, bathroom? food? bathroom? food?....". So I took a gamble and thought I could make it to the fridge, grab something and be able to make it back to the toilet in time. So I dart out of bed run to the fridge but don't make it in time b/c I start gaging and dry heaving in the hallway on the way to the kitchen. I'm holding one hand over my mouth and the other over my crotch as to not let anything out of either end. I get to the kitchen sink just in time to dry heave so violently I pulled a muscle in my chest. But not only am I dry heaving but with every heave I feel somthing warm running down my leg. Then it stops as I grab a breath of fresh air, I heave and it starts again. When I realize that I'm peeing on the floor, I start running back to the room to get to the bathroom in time and am yelling (through gaging noises) JOSEPH!... HELP!!!... He darts out of the bed and is like, "what?? what's going on???" All I could do was yell, "FOOD!" B/c I was heaving so much. So he (so sweet) runs to the kitchen, grabs some grapes (b/c that's the litterally the only thing in there, that and eggs) and gives them to me. The second I bite into a grape the heaving stops! So Weird! So there I am, eyes all puffy, snot and spit running down my face, sitting on the toilet eating grapes off the floor. Afterward, I had to change my clothes and clean up the pee off the kitchen floor. I swear this baby is a boy, I never felt anything like this with Ella. And speaking of it being a boy or girl....We may just find out sooner than later the sex b/c I STILL haven't even seen a doctor and won't till probably about 15 - 16 weeks and they do ultrasounds on your first visit here.

4 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

It may be mean, but I am CRACKING Up right now! I can just see it all happening and I am dying! You are probably the funniest person I know! Bless your souls!!!

Faron and Erin said...

YOu are such a dork! What a vivid writer! I felt like I was right there with you! I could totally see you in all your glory.. wet pants in all! I guess that's why I love ya so much! YOu crack me up! I am glad you guys had a great trip despite you two scary events. That would be wonderful if it was a boy =) What I could and couldn't eat was totally different for me when I had Brayden. so, you never know! Can't wait til you come!

Mackenzie and JT said...

I swear, you are the funniest girl!! Not only did you have my friends laughing about the comment you left on my page about my big boobs... But I am laughing up a storm, I know it probably was not so funny in the moment. How wierd is that? Food makes you stop gagging? I thought it would make it worse.
I am glad you had a nice little vacation with your family! How fun, but I am sorry that happened with ella, I cant even imagine how that must have felt! I love ya

stephie said...

haha. morg, i seriously peed my pants so many times when i was prego. once, i peed in ALL 3 PAIRS OF MY COMFY PANTS in one day. so uncool. these are the things nobody tells you about pregnancy! good thing food helps you...it did the opposite for me!! and good thing ella is ok...they're so resilient. it's us that are traumatized...