
Today was Ella's first day of nursery! It was actually supposed to be a few weeks ago but she was sick one week and at Nonie and Grandpa's the next so today was the day. I took a picture of her in her new dress by the door and told her to say "cheese" and to smile and right as I clicked the picture she does this. She wouldn't keep her dress down and I couldn't stop laughing so then she started to think it was funny (which it was) and kept doing it. So Joseph had to intervene.
So this is what I think of the nursery here....
First of all Ella has never had a problem going to other people or stranger anxiety or anything like that. She would go to the gym kids care just fine every day and play with all kinds of kids. She plays with the same kids at play group that are in nursery and has had brand new baby sitters that she's never seen before and has done just fine with them. She is the kind of kid that loves to leave mom and go explore. So I wasn't surprised when we dropped her off that she ran and played with all the toys and started to explore.
I first brought her in to the room and I tried to introduce Ella to the teacher but she (the teacher) was kind of annoyed by that and just interupted me and said, "is she even 18 months?". I was a little stunned at her rudeness but nicely told her, "yes". Then to my amazement, she wouldn't let it go and looked at me very skeptically and said, "are you sure?". WHAT??? Hmmm, well, let me think about it, I am her mom and I do know how to count so....well, maybe she isn't 18 months. Did she seriously just ask me that? Holy! I just looked at her and nicely said, "um, yes... I'm sure." Then she just looks at me and says in disbelief, "well, ooooo kaaaay". She didn't welcome us at all or make us feel welcome. This was our first time with a child going to nursery too so I didn't even know what to do! I just sat Ella down, told her what was happening and that this is nursery and she gets to play here while momma and daddy go to class. She seemed fine and excited when I left her so you could probably understand my sense of shock when they brought her to me in Relief Society and said that she needed a diaper change but when I picked her up she was shaking and held me around the neck so tight and she was still catching her breath from crying so hard. I asked why she was crying and the lady said, "Oh, she's been crying the whole time". What?? So I changed her and just took her to Joseph who was teaching a class. (they had popsicles) After church I went back to nursery to talk to the teacher and asked why she was crying and she got all defensive and said, "well she was crying the whole time. I don't know why". I'm sorry but I just don't understand that... my little girl doesn't just cry to cry. She never has been like that. We decided that Joseph and I would take turns sitting with her in nursery for the next couple of weeks. I think that if I had that teacher, I'd cry too. Gees.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
.....Dirty Knees, Look at These!
Posted by MoJo at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Morgan that sounds so sad! I will have a hard enough time admitting Michaela is big enough to be in nursery, let alone worry if the teacher is going to be nice to her, she's a baby:( Sorry that happened to you, and Ella.....
Post a Comment