Yesterday Joseph and I ran our first race together. SO much fun and I'm so glad we did it. It was called the Jailbreak race. It was 3.8 miles with 14 obstacles, 4 pond crossings and 1 mud trench. Oh and did I mention it was at 4:30 PM in TEXAS! It was pretty hot and I'm sure they did it on purpose. Here we are getting ready. The race wasn't on pavement, so we were waiting for the bus to pick us up and take us to the running trail.
The trail consisted of mud...aka:Texas clay...(extremely hard to run in and not fall on your face), chest level stagnant water, gravel, dirt roads, inside of barns, mounds of dirt and mud pits... not the best conditions to run in. It kind of brought the beast out in people.
Why am I laughing so hard might you ask?? Well, funny story... Joseph didn't have a drawstring on his shorts and I had my friend Diana stand ready to take a picture. I pants-ed him but what was so funny is that I had no clue I would actually be able to get them all the way down to his ankles and his "I have no clue what just happened" reaction to it all made me laugh so hard I wasn't making a sound. Ahhh, I love you babe. Good times.
This was towards the end. There was a big mud pit we had to army crawl through because there was netting over us. (If you look hard you can see it all behind us) I totally got stuck in it because my bobby pins that were holding my bangs back got stuck in the net and it was ripping my hair out. Would've been pretty sad if it wasn't so funny.
Making it to the finish line....
I raced Joseph to the end...I guess he didn't get the memo.
Our group. First the Goellners and then with Holly...I guess her husband was taking the picture.
It was SO muddy!!
All the dirty ladies. We were literally hosed off at the end. So of course I made the best of it and turned it into a photo op for Herbal Essences...or something else. haha
Joseph and Josh...
It was such an awesome experience. We had a lot of fun and are already planning the next one. The obstacles consisted of, chest high water (I think about 3 different times), muddy hills that were way worse because it was actually clay. (SO slippery!!) Lots of STEEP hills, 15 foot high hay bales to climb over, vertical net of tires to climb up, a huge water slide (made out of tarps) to slide down a 15 foot cliff into pond water, laser guns (to shoot fake cops), huge tractor tires to crawl through, tires to run through, mud pits to army crawl through....and probably more. It was hard and crazy but an awesome experience.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Jailbreak!!
Posted by MoJo at 5:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! I am so jealous! That sounds like so much fun! Bryan and I would have a blast! Glad you two had fun! ...and thanks for the idea!
Jordan is doing a run like this, too! And Rashell Trunnell. It's called the dirty dash-- I can't wait to watch it ha I think it will be hilarious. It makes it a lot more fun to run, I bet. Good job!
I'm soooo there next time! That's looks seriously hysterically fun!!
Looks like so much fun! Is this just a Texas thing or do they have them all over, I would love to do one?
So much fun, I would have loved to do that with ya!!! Congratulations on the pregnancy, that is really exciting!!!
I am so sorry. I read your blog when you talked about the bleeding, so I came on again to check to see what happened, but i must have scrolled right past the part when you talk about your miscarriage to the part when you said you were having a baby and you were 9 weeks. I can't even imagine it. I feel so overwhelmed with my kids, our last 2 came so quickly that having another one just puts me into a panic. It took us 6 years to get pregnant, and I am pregnant again. I am about 8 weeks. We haven't really said anything to anyone, but I am telling you because I can relate to what you wrote about your miscarriage. Even though I am not ready for this, the thought of losing this baby is constantly on my mind. I told my husband I know I am not ready for another baby, but if we lost it, I know that i would be just as sad as if we were planning to get pregnant. I am counting down the weeks until I am at least 14 weeks and feel in the safe zone. My sister has had 7 miscarriages and has struggled with each of them. That really does suck and I am sorry. I love ya girl and wish I lived closer to crazy sistas like you!!
That looks like so much fun! I wonder if they have that in utah?
Post a Comment