It's kind of backwards that summer is here and we try and stay indoors as much as possible. It's so we don't melt. Last night at 10:00 pm it was 101 degrees! But the other day we ventured out to the pool and had some fun. I'd like to do this everyday but it's a little taxing if I'm by myself. Carly loves the water but she doesn't want floaties, a swim raft OR anyone to hold her. She is so independent that she wants to do it all herself but doesn't get the fact that she'll drown. Then there's Ella. She can swim but not like a pro. She uses her floaties as a crutch but I can't spend time on Ella b/c I've got Carly to watch out for aswell. It's nice when Joseph is home and can help out. Anyway, here's some fun summer pictures of our swimming adventure.
Ella loves wearing her floaties b/c she can do WHATEVER she wants as long as she's wearing them. She swims like a little fish and runs and jumps into the pool as much as she can. Toward the end of the summer last year she could swim a little by herself. She's regressed a little b/c of how long it took to get back into a pool but I've made it a goal to go out at Carly's nap time and work with Ella on swimming without the floaties. Carly finally let us put her in the float but she didn't like it for long. She lasts about 10 min in that and then wants to get out and play like everyone else. She is SO independent!
Daddy and the girls.
Teaching Carly to swim. She's really good at putting her face in the water and blowing bubbles. The water in the face does't phase her a bit and she likes blowing bubbles. Still learing about kicking. Carly cheesing it.
Ella's new trick. (hopping on 1 foot in the water. SO cool)
Me and Ella.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Summer
Posted by MoJo at 10:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Fun, you have to love the pool on those hot days!
How fun. I can't wait to take our girls swimming.
SO cute! I'm glad you found a little relief from the heat--I can't believe how hot it stays at 10 PM! Yikes!
I L-O-V-E Ella's bathing suit! Where can I get one my size?
We should tell some of that warm weather to come our direction, then we would be warmer and you wouldn't be so HOT. It's a good thing you have that pool to cool you down though.
How fun! Carly sounds like Robby - he always says, "don't hold me mom!" So I said, do you want to see what it feels like when mommy lets go? Yes? Ok!" So I let go and let him struggle, try to tread water, for a few seconds and that taught him to hold on to mommy!
I wish it was that hot here! Today I had a sweater on outside. Ella and Carly are SO cute! I can't wait to meet them.
Post a Comment