"There was a little girl, who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. And when she was good she was VERY VERY good and when she was bad she was HORRID!"
This little nursery rhyme sums up Carly pretty nicely. She has always been a sweet content little baby. She was always a delight to be around. She has such a delicate personality and could get her feelings hurt pretty bad if you speak too harshly to her or raise your voice (even if it's towards someone else) she's also pretty independent and willing to trying things on her own but ask for help when she needs it. She loves to cuddle, give kisses and hugs. Even to strangers. She just loves everyone and is your new best friend if you read to her. Once she was about 1 year old though, another side of Carly developed. She rarely ever gets mad but when she does it's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. She goes absolutely insane with furry. She opens her mouth as wide as she can get it to bite you, she scratches, growls, hits, pulls your hair, kicks and flops all over the place like a fish out of water. She'll even go as far as to grab your clothes and pull you into her so she can bite you. If it wasn't so insanely naughty I would laugh really hard b/c she seriously goes crazy. On one occasion, I was trying to put her down for a nap. She was happy to hold my hand and run to the room, with a little girly giggle, to pick out a book to read. She sat and read a book with me, clapped at the pictures and said/signed all the words she knew in the book with a sweet little toothy grin on her sweet baby face. But when it was time to put the book down....Ohhhhh Noooo! She flopped over like a dead fish, started screaming this ear piercing scream (it's seriously so loud and high pitched that when she's done you feel like you have water in your ears for about 20 seconds), then she starts the kicking. When that didn't work she pulled herself up with her mouth wide open and cannibalism in her eyes, grabbed hold of my shirt and went to bite my collar bone. All I could do was grab the hair on the back of her head and pull her off of me. It was madness I tell you! When she gets like that she's like a little gremlin! It's pretty scary. Nobody but Momma and Daddy ever really see this side of her b/c she is a little delicate flower around everyone else.
Carly turned 18 months on June 22nd. The pictures are from her first (official) day of nursery. (I work in the nursery so she's actually been going with me since Jan. but we still took a picture for the record books.) I took her to get her 18 month shots and she got quite the surprise. Because her mommy didn't think to ask, she missed her 15 month check up and therefore had to have 4 shots (actually 6 but combined two of them). (when Ella was 15 months they told me she didn't need shots till 18 months! I guess they changed the rules) She did alright with the first one. But 2, 3 and 4 had her crying, sceaming, and screaming to all high heaven. Bless her heart. It was a little hard on me. I don't think I'll ever get used to having to hold my child down while people jab needles in their legs. It was a toss up for me though...Joseph was home and it was either have him take her so I didn't have to hear her crying or me take her so she could have her mommy. I obviously chose the latter.
Here are her stats:
28 pounds 90th %
33.5 inches long 90th %
19.25 in head 95th %
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Carly Jane
Posted by MoJo at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Carly is adorable. Her personality sounds a lot like Oliva's (exept Livy doesn't like strangers). I was laughing so hard at the pictures and also your discription of her tantrums.
oh poor Morgan. I don't like it when they throw fits either. I just walk away when Christopher starts that stuff, then I go back once he has calmed down. I have figured out that if I try to make it better, it only makes the tantrum worse. (That's with Christopher that is.) But aren't you glad they don't happen every day and you get to see that cute smiling face a ton more! These kids I tell you, they can be a frustration but a lot more joy!
Post a Comment