CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shark Attack!


ooo, sorry for the blurriness.





My camera is kinda going out so this shot is pretty dark but now days, you take what you can get. :) Both girls helping make the cake. Ella is used to the rules (washing hands, don't dip your finger in....OR your tongue!) Carly....not so much. We really had to watch that girl. But both were happy once they got their beater. (full of uncooked egg...happy salmonella!)


It was my friend, Susy's, birthday on the 9th so I wanted to make her a cake. I got this idea from the "Hello Cupcake" book, thanks to Monica (thanks Monica!)(And thanks to Crystal for the link help). (LOVE this book!) In the book it's supposed to be just a shark on the cupcake but I wanted to give her a whole cake so I put it in an ocean and put some teddy grams and lifesavers in for effect. Pretty morbid if you think about it. haha Don't worry though, the one in the book looks way better. I don't even have the book. This was the only idea I could remember from the pictures. So it turned out pretty good for not having the book. :) I had to improvise with a few things, like I only knew to make the Shark out of a twinki and to make his mouth out of fruit roll-up. The "gills" are chocolate sprinkles. The eyes are circle confetti sprinkles with chocolate sprinkles pieces. The fin is melted almond bark that I made into a triangle. The bears are...well, duh, teddy grams and I just put them in gummy life savors. It was fun to make and not too hard (I mean, I made it with out directions for cripes sake). You should try it!



In other news... Here's a random picture of the girls. In just the last few weeks they've been playing way more together and giggling at the lunch table at each other. The other day Ella and Carly were spinning in the living room and just feeding off each other, giggling till they were red in the face. I love it! Ella has memorized this book word for word so she is reading it to Carly (who is a fanatic about books!) in their tutus. I actually had one on too and was cleaning house in it but Joseph wasn't awake so I wasn't in the picture. :)




Oh, yeah, and a couple weeks ago or so I cut my hair. I told some people I'd post a picture of it but I either always look like crap or my camera isn't working. This one, I apologize, I look SO tired in but you can kinda get the gist of the cut. They took a good 10 inches off. Maybe more, who knows. There was just a TON of hair on the floor. Every stylist that walked by was like, "holy crap! you're brave" Yeah, no, just sick of long hair.

10 comments:

Samantha Fife said...

Supercute hair! I love it! I did that last year, I cut 15 inches off....and loved it!

Crystal said...

Cute Hair! I love the cake. It turned out so cute. Oh and your girls are adorable as always. I hope Livy and Aubrey start playing together a little more .

The Belnaps said...

The cake looks good, so does your hair! I chopped my hair off 6 months after Eva was born. I liked it for a day, I couldn't pull it off. You obviously can though, I bet it feels great!

ATnell said...

The girls are so cute! So is your new sassy hair cut! I bet it feels better in all that AZ heat.
And.. I thought we were going to keep that scientific study a secret. But it doesn't matter, I didn't get accepted... you have to have been homeless at some point in your life, and drive a truck. Oh well, I guess I'm not cut out for everything.

Faron and Erin said...

What a cute cake, and even cuter hair! What a hottie! The girls are pretty okay too..lol. They are darling!

Carolyn said...

so did the cake bite her back? Ha ha ha ahhh. I am funny. and your hair is dang cute!! I love it brunette.

Tiffany said...

Very creative with the cake, and your hair looks very cute! I like it dark. Tell Joseph to sack up and run with you! I am trying to get my husband to do the Moab Half marathon with me, because he his from that area, but so far it is a no go. If you can run 6.5 miles you can run 13. I am not a runner, I just started running after I had Cael to get back in shape. It seemed to work the best. Let me know if you want to do one, I need some motivation to do another one. I think the moab run is in March.

ATnell said...

So you should check out this blog. This girl has got three kids and makes the most adorable clothes for them: http://katiedid.squarespace.com/

SA said...

I LOVE your hair cut! And I love it dark! Your girls are adorable :)

The Pachuilo Family said...

I love the hair cut. I am wanting to cut mine just like that once it's long enough. I am donating my hair to locks of love.
The girls are looking so big and so dang cute.