CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ode To Sleep....And Other Killian Happenings


The past 4 weeks have been pretty sleepless. Don't get me wrong, Carly is a really good baby and sleeps alllll the time, but a girl does need to eat. Especially a growing newborn. So I stay awake pretty much till 11:00 or midnight every night to feed her. Then wake up around 3 am and then again at about 6 or 7am. But after that last feeding I don't get to go back to sleep because before I know it, there's Ella tapping on my arm and saying, "c'up Mimi. Mo-nings." in her cute little 2 year old voice. So sleep around the Killian home is worth it's weight in gold and I've caught a few shots of sleepy bugs around the house to remind us of what it's like to sleep. Here are some of my favorites.

Joseph and Ella taking a nap. I think Joseph's hand was cold. 1/11/2008


We use a "saftey gate" for Ella's bed. One night she leaned up against it, it moved and she fell on the floor. This is how we found her...still fast asleep. 12/27/2007


Carly will sleep anywhere and she's such a little cuddle bunny. 12/27/2007


This is Ella, obviously too tired to care about her sleeping 1/2 way off the bed. I walked into her room to make sure she's ok, tucked in and warm and I found her like this. I have no idea how long she was like that but she stayed long enough for me to run back, find my camera, delete the past pictures off of it, snap about 3 shots and run back to get Joseph and show him. We laughed for a bit and then I picked her up and tucked her back in. Then in the morning I could hear faint whining and turned on the video monitor to find her trapped with blankets on her in the middle of the bed. She was 1/2 asleep and was crying, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" b/c she was trapped under the covers and couldn't figure out how to get out. 1/20/2008


After going on a walk with Ella and Carly I took off the Snuggly with Carly still in it. I just layed her down to get her out but my attention was quickly torn away by something else. When I came back Carly was still in this position. I didn't want to disterb her so I let her lay for about a 1/2 hr till finally I figured I should lay her in bed.1/17/2008


Since not much has been going on the past week I'll just share some shots of what my days are like the past month. (oh, and by the way, we got a working computer now yay!)
Carly flashing her gang signs. (I think she knows we live in da hood)


Playing Mrs. Potato Head with Grandma


Here's Carly cracking a smile. I got 5 smiles in a row out of her after stroking her cheek really softly.

Ella was left for about 5 min so I could change Carly and this is what I came into the living room too. (look familiar Melissa?) Little stinker. It was all over her pants, shirt and carpet.


Now here's that lil angel we know and love.

7 comments:

Samantha Fife said...

I love all the sleeping pictures ~ Especially the weird ones of Ella. Michaela will sleep sitting up or with ehr face smashed into the side of the crib. Carly is a mirror image of Ella just with dark hair. Looks like fun!
PS The shoes are from Gap.

Lobdell family said...

These are adorable. You are a great mommy!!

The Pachuilo Family said...

I am glad to hear your doing ok without much sleep. The pics are adorable, it makes me want to have another one... but not just yet.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Ok, those are hilarious. Pure exhaustion will lead to sleeping anywhere and in any position!!

steph said...

oh man i laughed so hard! i love the one of joseph with his cold hand and ella falling off and off the bed. that is one sleepy girl!! and of course little carly sleeping is the CUTEST!! funny there's none of you sleeping. mommy's really have to learn the art of NO SLEEP. i'm glad you manage to get a few hours at night though!!

Esther Noelle said...

LOVE all the pictures! Ahhh! The sleeping shots are so funny!!! And Carly is just so sweet - love her little smile!!!

Carterfam said...

It's good to see that Joseph hasn't changed!! :)
-Eric