CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Happy Thanksgiving



This year we spent another Thanksgiving at home. 2 years ago we spent it at home as well because we were pregnant with Ella and she was due any day also. But that year we decided to go to Golden Corral so that we didn't have to cook. (yes, a little white trash but, we didn't have to cook) This year we decided to make our dinner and it was sooooo good. I was so excited to cook next to Joseph but I'm one of those people who do things real slow and take my time to make sure I do everything just perfect. Joseph does everything perfect AND fast. I tried to help but I guess I just couldn't keep up because next thing I realized was that I was trying to keep up with all of Joseph's dishes and cleaning up after him while he cooked pretty much the whole dinner. And it was such an amazing dinner! He did such a good job and it was the first turkey either of us has ever attempted to make and it turned out perfect. We took Ella to see her very first movie in a theater, The Bee Movie. She loved the pop corn and getting to see all the bees in the movie and walking around on the seats. We had fun taking pictures, starting our own family traditions and making fun memories. Here are some of our pictures.

Making the pie filling

Ella keeping us entertained in the kitchen

Ella being a big helper


Watching the Macy's parade togetherDon't worry about Ella and I just getting out of the shower :)



After Thanksgiving comes the notorious "Day After Thanksgiving Sales". Which I am happy to say I got to participate in this year. I went with Joseph's hometown friend Amy who lives out here also. It was her first experience of the waking up early and standing in the check-out line forever to buy something on sale. Thanks Amy! :) I woke up at 3 am and shopped for over 7 hours! Contrary to popular belief, it was a very relaxing and gratifying experience for me. I got all my Christmas shopping done that day and all before noon. :) We gave ourselves a couple of Christmas presents early this year. One was a 32 inch LCD TV. Yes, my sweet little 20" APEX tv from college finally cut out on us. And then Joseph got me a video baby monitor! I have been wanting one of these for two years now and I love it! It gives me such peace of mind and that is worth every penny spent on it. :) Saturday Joseph took work off for a total of a 4 day weekend (so awesome!) so we went out and got some ornaments for our tree and put the tree up together as a family.


Then Sunday we got to see our sister 'n law Lindsay. She is an opera singer in NYC and she came out to Vegas to sing in Messiah at UNLV. So we got a babysitter and went to see the opera. It was a nice date for us and kind of changed things up for us as opposed to your average dinner and a movie. The fun didn't end there....today I got to meet my long time college girl friend Stephanie at the airport while she had a layover on her way back home. Thanks again Steph for taking the time to visit with me. It was so nice to see you and I feel like that 45 mins. wasn't near enough to catch up almost 4 years worth! :) I got to see her cute little baby and it was fun to see her as a mommy. Last time we saw each other was a day before she got married! So here are a few pictures of our little reunion.
baby Crew was super sad b/c he was teething and Ella was so excited to hold him. Right when we sat him in her lap he took one look at her and just started giggling. It was so sweet.


Love at first sight?

In other news....just to give you a quick update... Carly is doing really well. Fluid numbers are up and doppler is down. I've still got to go to fetal monitoring twice a week now and my doctors appts. are once a week now. Kind of annoying when you know things are going to be fine but it's good to know she's doing well. :)

7 comments:

The Belnaps said...

I think it's awesome that you guys were able to do a nice cozy Thanksgiving by yourselves. I'm actually quite impressed. I was able to help out more with the meal this year and it's not the easiest meal to plan for. I love the pictures and I'm happy that you're doing well. Amy would be a good person to shop with and good for you getting all your shopping done. I wish I was.

steph said...

we didn't even touch on thanksgiving the other day!! 45 minutes was definately not nearly enough time to catch up!! but it was so fun to see you again. it was almost surreal cause it was so short. but i'm glad i got to see you prego. there's just something special about a pregnant woman. you look beautiful!! and thanks for making the trip to the airport! it was well worth it to see each other!

Esther Noelle said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! And so glad to hear the baby is doing well!!!!

Samantha Fife said...

I love that you know where I buy stuff! Are you so excited to dress your little girls in the same clothes? That is what I look forward to with the next one... so it better be a girl!
Your thanksgiving sounds fun. I took on the whole family (20 peole) and cooked my first turkey.... it went fine. Haven't put the tree up yet but we have to get into the new house first!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

I must say that we Carter's are a little disappointed that Ella's first movie experience was The Bee Movie, and not the more celestial choice of Disney's Enchanted :) Gotta stay true to that Carter passion for Disney! Glad Carly is doing good!

MoJo said...

Sorry Carter fam. We really tried to get to Enchanted actually, but we were 20 min late and the next showing was in 1 hr. and 45 min so we opted for the Bee movie. :) Maybe Enchanted for her birthday and then she'll be even older and may understand it better. :)

Samantha Fife said...

By the way, where did you find that LeapFrog Fridge toy? I can't find one anywhere, so they are either sold out at Wal-MArt and Target or I am not looking in the right place......... Think Santa Clause!