Joseph is now in WA for the weekend and he was in AZ last night so I am on my own with these two girls till Sunday night. :( The past few days I've been noticing what a big girl Ella has gotten to be. We went to the apartment playground the other day and there are somethings that she always tries to do but it's more for like a 5 yr. old. There's this ladder that is made out of solid metal but huge gaps between steps. The first step doesn't even start till 2 feet off the ground. I'm always so scared she's going to slip, fall through one of the gaps and smack her chin on the metal. Anyway, she insisted that she do it by herself. She kept pushing my hand away and saying, "Mimi go, a go Mimi". So I told her ok, and I stood to the side with sweaty palms, my heart racing and biting my lower lip. Every time she looked like she was about to slip I'd hurry and put my arms out but she'd just say, "no, Mimi, go" to me. She did it all by herself and she was soooo proud of herself for accomplishing such a feet. She would go up the ladder, run up to the slide, go down and do it all over again with such a priceless smile on her face. She kept clapping and shouting "Dayyyyy!" (yayyyy). She played like that for an hour. She gets in the car and her carseat all by herself (although it feels like it takes 20 min. for her to finally get seated). Everything is always, "Ella do it, no! Ella!" She is so independent, sometimes it's nice and sometimes it makes me crazy. Like when we are in a hurry to go somewhere and she has to tie her shoes. She has to sit there for 5 min. to figure out that she has no clue how to do it and then ask me for help. But if I try to help before she has a chance to do it then that is the end of it and the tantrums start. Then there are the days where she wants to help me and sit by me and cuddle me that make all the crazy independent days worth it. Last night she even asked me to "Bok" her. She said, "Mimi bok-eee, pees?" I didn't know what she was saying at first so I kept asking her what and finally she folded her arms and acted as if she was rocking a baby. It was so sweet. It's hard to see my little girl growing up but it's fun at the same time. She got her very first hair cut on Wed. (Sorry Stacy, I couldn't wait till Jan. it was making me crazy) and I love love love it! No more mullet! She did pretty good too. She'd move her head to look at things but kept still for the most part. Here are some pictures....
Before...The "child abuse mullet"
The After



As for little Carly-Car, I had two dr. appts. on Thursday and it seems as though she's doing just as well as last week. The fluid stayed the same but the doppler went down even more. My ob said that if she doesn't come on her own before the 22nd then he's going to induce me on the 22nd. She'll be 37 1/2 weeks so all is good there. Only bad thing....Ella's birthday is on Dec. 16th, Carly's will be the 22nd, Joseph's is the 23rd and then of course theres Christmas on the 25th. It will be quite the busy month but hey, I'm all for looking on the bright side of things so here are some good things to come out of it all.... 1)We get all the birthdays (except mine) and Christmas taken care of in one clean swipe. 2)We'll have another baby in time for a 2007 tax return. 3)All 4 of us Killians will get to make it to my brother's wedding on Jan 8th. 4)We get to meet Carly sooner than later. 5)I don't have to be pregnant for 40 weeks!
Friday, November 30, 2007
My Girls
Posted by MoJo at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I Love the haircut! I know Michaela is like a year and a half younger than Ella, but just yesterday I was looking at her standing up in the bathtub and thinking she looks like a little girl..... It is so nice when she lets me hold her and rock her because she is so busy too..... Anyway, I am glad you get to be done with the preggo thing soon, but also not too soon! You will have two babies by Christmas, yikes that is soon!
What a great haircut! No more mullett! (Although you'll always hold that in your heart as a priceless time in her life!) Doesn't the independence drive ya crazy someitmes! I know the exact 20 minute getting-into-the-carseat routine. Gotta love this age of development!!!
what a good attitude you have!! i'm very impressed. and i love ella's haircut. she looks so darling! was that her first ever haircut?
Yep, very first. I'm so lame and sentimental about those things that I wouldn't even trim her hair b/c then I wouldn't have been able to call it her first hair cut. :)
Post a Comment