CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Baby Update #2

I just had my 1st fetal monitoring check up today followed by my regular doctor check up. Things seemed to go fine at the monitoring check. The dr. handed me a sealed envelope to give to my dr. when I went there right after. I handed my dr. the envelope and he said it wasn't good. He said the heart beat looks good but the doppler is elevated. (The doppler measures how hard the baby's heart is working to push blood to the placenta. Kinda like her blood pressure.) He said that means she's not going to make it to her due date and he'll go as long as he before he has to induce labor but to be prepared to have this baby anywhere between 2 weeks from now and 6 weeks from now. (If I carried her to term I'd be having her in 9 weeks) He also said that he can guarantee she's not going to weigh more than 5 pounds and to expect her to be between 4 and 5 pounds. After that talk he sent me back to the hospital to get a steroid shot (in my butt. awesome.) and I get to go back tomorrow for another one. These shots are to help her lungs develop faster just in case he has to deliver her at 33 weeks.
I don't know what to think about all of this. I kinda get excited that we get to see our baby sooner than we thought but then I think, "oh yeah, that's not a good thing". I just hope she's alright and things go well. I'm sure I'm in good hands. I have another ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday to measure her stomach again. My dr. said that if her weight is catching up then that would be nice and can I rest at ease for a low birth weight baby.

5 comments:

Lindsey Phipps Wise said...

Hi there Morgan,

I'm just coming to check out your blog page for the first time and I'm so sorry to hear your newest news. Like you say, you're in good hands and it sounds like your doctor knows what to do to keep you and your baby girl as safe and healthy as possible. I'll be thinking about you and hoping all is going well. And just think- maybe the steriods in your butt will give it some nice muscular definition... ;)

Your daughter Ella is gorgeous and her little bumble bee costume is adorable! You and your mom did a great job!

Lots of love and best of luck to you!

Love,
Lindsey (Your cousin)

Sarah Mickalson said...

When I was pregnant with Ryan I had so many problems...it started when they said they were 95% sure I had trisome 18 (Fatal) and then to me having very high blood pressure at 6 months and every week being told I may have to go on bedrest. Then to finally being induced 2 weeks early because my fluid was low and his heart was stressed. It is so scary and hard when it comes to things like this..not knowing what may happen, etc. I made Paul give me a blessing and I felt so calm about everything and knew that it would be ok. I have had friends have babies 6 weeks early and they end up being fine after a couple weeks. I always felt so lucky that my dr. caught my low fluid because Ryan could have died from the stress if I wasn't induced.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Eric has some small words of encouragment...be excited to only have to push a 5 pound baby out and not an 8 pound baby out! You're of course in our prayers!!

The Belnaps said...

I'm sure all will go well. You'll probably be glad you only had a 5 pound baby rather than an 9 pound baby (which is what I had). But either way, it's pretty awesome!

Esther Noelle said...

Morgan we'll be praying for you! I hope it all goes ok - keep us posted!