CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Home Of The Free!






I just love everything about the 4th of July! Summer is my favorite season and what's better than an awesome holiday right smack in the middle of summer. It's like the only holiday you can celebrate with a Barbeque, swimming, family, friends, fireworks, good carny food, glow sticks and tons and tons of smiles. I love it. We had our own little family indoor bbq but it was still a lot of fun. Ella loved that she got to pick out what we will have at our bbq. She made some pretty good choices. Nathan's Hotdogs, baked beans, corn on the cob, watermelon, chips, pop and cookies! She might just take after her momma in the summer love'n department. She's been waiting like 3 months for the 4th of July.

Mesa didn't have the budget for fireworks this year so we went to Tempe Town Lake and spent about twice as much to get in. It was fun though. On the lake fireworks, a live band, tons of vendors and an awesome fireworks show. We went to the store whilest anxiously awating nightfall and bought glowstick necklaces and light up tiaras (clearanced out for 75 cents!!) so that we didn't have to throw down 5 bucks for 1 necklace at the show. Anyway, these pictures are gonna say a lot more than I have time or patience to write so enjoy...



The day started with a big messy oatmeal clean up.



I had the girls go in their room to play while I cleaned up. When I went to get them I found this cute picture perfect moment. Notice the crazy messy room?? They dummped out all the close from the hamper and were playing in the hamper. Yay! another mess to clean up. :)



Joseph waiting...



Me waiting....



Ella waiting...





And Carly freaking out about her "safety bracelet" (our info on it incase she gets lost). She ended up gnawing it off. I do have to cut her a break though, it was wicked hot and I'm sure that was uncomfortable. She was MUCH happier once she got it off.



My cute little family. And yes, I made everyone dress in patirotic colors.




My cute hubby.




Cute little Shirley Temple curls and cute little sweat marks. (like I said, it was HOT!)




Carly's first time seeing fireworks and watching in awe.




The rest of the fam watching the colorful explosions. Carly was quickly unimpressed.




The Girls.




The ones who made those girls.





And....our quiet ride home.

Happy 4th Of July everyone and thanks to all the troops out there who are still fighting for our country and their families. We love you and keep you in our prayers.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of them reading...so sweet.

mostly Stacy said...

Cute pictures! carly is getting so big and your hair is getting short! I love it so cute

Cassie said...

Your family is so darling! I share your enthusiasm of summer and Independance Day! Your pictures remind me of when we spent the 4th together at Vernon Worthen Park watching the fireworks! Good times! Oh, and your girls are sooo cute! Carly's curls are so fun.

Joseph Wilson said...

...the ones who made those girls...

you crack me up! I cannot wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!

i know the exclamations are excessive--it is on purpose! I CANNOT WAIT!

- this is Melissa...not Joe...

:)