
Tonight Joseph went on a scout camp out. Ella was kind of sad that he was leaving with out her. When he left she said, "Ella...camp-een tooooo." So I told her that we could go camping in the living room with her tent. We put up her pink camo tent and then headed to the kitchen to make foil dinners like Daddy had taken to his camp out. We first do the potatoes. Ella washed them and I cut them. Next were the carrots. After they were washed and I was cutting them, Ella asked if she could eat some of them..."Me eat dis?" I told her she could and we talked while we made dinner. Finally came the meat. I would hold the ground beef in my hand and she would sprinkle the seasonings in the meat. Then I would squish the meat together to mix it all in. She wanted to help so I rolled up her sleeves and let her feel the meat squish between her fingers. Next thing I notice, she pops a ball of raw meat in her mouth, closes her eyes to savor the taste and says, "Mmmm Mmmm, nummies". I was like, "Ahhhh! NO! NO! Spit it out, spit it out spit it out!" Luckily she listened to me but I had to keep saying spit it out till finally she did. The dinners turned out pretty good and we sat in her tent while we went on a bear hunt, ate and sang songs. She is such a creative little girl. After the bear hunt she was pointing to all of the miniature imaginary bears in the tent. Once it became time to go to bed we moved the tent from the living room to her bed room. We read stories, sang songs, said prayers and I put her to bed. It was actually pretty fun to play with her and participate in her cute personality. I think she had a lot of fun too. Here are some more pictures...



Carly was invited but snoozed through all the festivities.
Last night for Valentine's day Joseph and I were going to go ice skating but everyone has been sick so we decided to wait till the weekend. (and our babysitter was kind of a flop) So while I put the girls down to bed Joseph went out and got some fillet Mignon and made a delicious candle lit dinner for us. It was so sweet and the food was so good. I think my favorite part was when Joseph was trying to light the candle. He couldn't find any lighters or matches so he went out side and came in with a blow torch and lit the candle with a blow torch. Made me laugh... He is all man. :) Earlier that day my brother and his girlfriend came over and Joseph came home to have Valentine's Day brunch with heart shaped french toast and pink milk. I got a few pictures of the girls. I think Ella had a lot of fun celebrating the holiday and we worked on saying "I love you" with words. (as opposed to using made up signs for it.)
Friday, February 15, 2008
Girl's Night In
Posted by MoJo at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





14 comments:
You are a very creative person. I am glad the campout was successful and valentines was fun. I will talk to you later.
The campout sounds great! I am sad that Michaela is getting so big, but excited to do things like camp in the living room and make dinner together! Glad you are all feeling better.
Ohh I need to do a campout with emma...we'd better get a tent! I love tin foil dinners, that might be something to try with her. Did you just cook them in the oven all wrapped up?
yup, just put them in the foil and toss 'em in. You kind of have to cook them for a while. Like maybe an hour. In mine, the meat was done but the potatoes weren't cooked. Ella's was smaller so hers was more cooked.
how fun!! What a good mommy you are! You look really pretty in your pic with ella. Your hair looks cute. I also love the lovey dovey ones of the girls. So sweet!
I have been ordering from Modbe forever and just recently I decided to become a consultant. You can order from me from my website. www.chandrasmith.mymodbe.com I have a few of their swim suits and I love them, I just got two new ones last summer, but the ones this year are so cute I almost feel like I want to buy another one.
Jordan's vacation got approved so it looks like we are coming over labor day weekend, is that still alright with you guys? Is there a water park somewhere we could go to? That might be fun for the "boys" and the little girls!
first of all, I lvoe Ella's shirt, secondly, I love that you made it a real camping expereince...how creative! Thridly, blow torch?? That's hilarious.
I don't think we will bombard you for 5 days at your house. We'll probably do a hotel, maybe one with a fabulous pool or something. Joseph said something to Jordan about you guys getting one for a few nights at the same place. Any suggestions for some cool ones? Not on the strip?........ You can just email me- jordanandsamantha@gmail.com
I cannot believe how much Ella looks like you. Really...Aaron and I are always awed by this when we look at your blog. Both of your girls are so adorable.
That is so cute that Ella wants to copy her Daddy and go camping and I think it is so awesome of you to go through all the trouble to do it. You really are a good mom.
awww. what a fun night!! you're such a creative person. i don't think i'm very fun anymore. or maybe i never was and i just always had fun roomies. haha.
Ya know I think they were having something at Thanks giving point when the swim suits first came out, but I think it's over. The only way to be able to try them on is if you find a consultant near you that has some on hand.
Hey Morgan, it's me manda (like you don't hear from me like every day) but anyways I like your blog. It's way cute! I just love your girls, they are so fun!I'm so glad that we got to know each other. Thanks for hanging out with me and my silly daughter.
Post a Comment