
Ok, I have a little bit of time to let you all know how things went the other day. We had an appointment to be induced the 21st at 8 am. We got there a 1/2 hr early to make sure that we were able to be induced on time. The nurse said to us, "sorry, I'm running behind, it will be about another 20 to 30 min." Which was fine b/c we were about that early anyway. Well 20 to 30 min. turned into an hour and then while we were waiting some girl came in who was in labor so of course she got to go before me. (even though I felt like standing up to her and saying, "HEY, wait your turn! I had an appointment dang it!" lol) I guess that's one appointment that "walk ins" have the upper hand. We didn't get admitted till 11 am! Then of course I had to wait SIX hours before I even got Pitocin. That's right, they had me get into the hospital gown, hooked me up to monitors, put an IV in my wrist, drew blood and left me there like a wounded animal for 6 freak'n hours. It wasn't till I called for the nurse for the 3rd time and started crying b/c I had been sitting on my butt for nothing and had no reason to just be sitting there knowing that I wasn't in labor or induced or anything so I was making no progress. They didn't even let me eat! I think that's why I broke down crying, I was so tired already and so hungry and I knew I had a long haul in front of me. She called my dr. for me and told him what I told her so they finally got a nurse into my room right away, started the pitocin and broke my water at 5 pm. I tried to breath through the contractions as long as I could and ended up getting the epidural at 10 pm. when I was at 5 cm. The anesthesiologist was really good but put the needle in a blood vessel the first time and had to pull it out and put it back in again. Once it was in he had to pull it out and check to see if it was in another blood vessel and put it right back in. Ohhhh, mercy that was not fun. Then I could relax but not for long b/c the anesthesia started to wear off on my left side. So they guy came back in and gave me another bolus of anesthesia. About 1:30 he had to come back in b/c it had worn off on my right side! He could only give me just a little bit though b/c I was dilated to a 9! Then I felt Carly drop and it took everything I had to keep her inside of me. I said to the nurse, "uhhh, this baby is coming out right now." She checked me and was like, "OH MY GOODNESS, HOLD ON!" She went to call my dr. and said to hang in there, he'll be here in 15 min. The dr. got there at about 2:10 and I pushed Carly out in 2 pushes and she was born at 2:15. Joseph said that it didn't even take 2 min for me to push her out. (I'm sure that explains the 1 inch tear I have that got stitched up.) It was pretty crazy that I pushed her out so fast b/c the 3rd epidural bolus had just kicked in and I felt completely paralyzed from the lower back down. I remember with my first push thinking, "oh man, this is going to take like 2 hours b/c I can't feel a thing and have no clue what I'm doing".
Joseph was soooo awesome through the whole thing. He never complained (like I did) that we were there for so long. He was willing to not eat so I didn't feel left out, he helped me breath when I needed it and he let me almost break his hand with out saying a word while I got the epidural. He kept telling me what an awesome job I did and how perfect everything was, which is what you want to hear when you get done pushing out a baby. :) He was and still is so supportive and I love him so so much. He's the best in the middle of the night in helping with whatever he can.
I'm a little sore still. I had a lot of work done down there including 2 moles that had grown abnormally. So I am stitched up more than a homemade rag doll and it's hard to walk. B/c of the epidural going in so many times I feel like I got a blow to the back by a sledge hammer and it's hard to move. Things have progressivly been getting better though.
It's been a little frustrating for us b/c Carly is having a hard time eating. The nurses suggested it's b/c she just wasn't ready to come out yet...but she won't wake up for the life of her. I've got to practically torture the poor girl to get her to eat for 5 min. straight. It's actually kind of scary b/c with Ella, she would just cry when she was hungry. Carly will just sleep through it so I have to constantly be checking the time to make sure she eats on time. I even have to set an alarm in the middle of the night so she'll eat properly. I'm hoping that since my milk has just come in it will get the ball rolling. For now, I am doing the best I can and supplementing her when needed. She is such a sleepy little girl and I think we've seen her eyes opened for a total of 10 min since she was born.
Ella just loves Carly so much and always wants to hold her. I have suffered the wrath of being a parent of more than 1. Last night I was nursing Carly and Ella was up was WAY past her bed time. She wanted me to say good night to her but I had just gotten Carly to get to eating and couldn't stop. I had to sit and listen her cry so hard for me through the walls and it just broke my heart. I'm still trying to figure that one out. 
Today was Christmas morning and Carly slept through the whole thing. Ella got like 3,000 presents between us, Nonie and Pop and her Gigi. The whole room was filled with Ella presents. The poor girl didn't know what to do with everything. She kept running from one toy to the next. It was fun to see her though. A few of her most exciting gifts were a TMX Elmo (from Nonie and Pop) that she screamed with glee and ran up and down in place squeezing him for a whole min. straight. She also got a whole slew of baby accessory toys such as a stroller, car seat, diaper bag, high chair, bouncy chair...for her baby dolls. She's been dragging her babies all over the house in the stroller. So cute. Joseph got a new golf bag (much needed) and I got some much needed clothes for my newly adjusted "mommy" figure. :) We had a great Christmas and feel very blessed with such a wonderful little family. My parents and brother were able to come out along with my brother's girlfriend and it was fun to have family around. Thank you everyone for your concerns and prayers for Miss Carly, we are so happy that she is a healthy baby and everything turned out well. Merry Christmas everyone!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
The Story...
Posted by MoJo at 12:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
i don't blame you at all for getting so frustrated with waiting so long. that was pretty crappy on the part of the nurses. but i'm glad to hear that the pushing part was so fast. i bet that was nice. it sounds like you guys had a good christmas. i hope you heal up fast and feel great and adjusted soon!!
What a rotten time! I would have gotten crazy sitting there without them doing anything to get the ball rolling. I am so glad that you guys are doing ok. I had a girlfriend whose little girl was born 4 weeks early and she had a hard time eating too at first, but it gets better, try to be patient :) Congrats!
Your pictures make me want to have another baby girl this instant! You look great and your Christmas looks like fun. All you do for the slideshow is click on the make your own tab on mine, sign up with an email address and thats all. Simple, but its not like you don't have anything going on right now! Talk to you soon, Happ New Year!
Samantha
You are so blessed to have given birth to a now new member of our world. congratulations.
I am so happy for you! You have 2 gorgeous girls! Sorry the labor was so hard! I guess that is why they call it labor.. gag!
What a cute family! I love reading up on your news. Carly is adorable, sometimes I think I want another one, then both of my kids start to cry, and my desire is gone. Hope all is well!
Claire and Michael
She is darling...congratulations! Olivia slept all of the time too. All I can say is enjoy it. I used to get so worried that she wasn't eating enough, but everything worked out and she healthy now. I hope that at least one of my twins is a sleeper like Olivia...it will make life so much easier. Congrulations again.
Post a Comment