CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Baby Momma Drama is coming to an end!

I've been waiting to put up a real post till after my appointments today. Baby's vitals are still good. I'm dilated to a 1, 70% effaced and she's dropped about as far as she can right now with out coming out on her own (pretty good for a month early). Oh, and not only have I not gained anymore weight I lost a pound. Yesss! The doctor is going to induce me next FRIDAY! yay! She'll be 3 weeks early but at least she'll have made it to 37 weeks. That's what we were hoping for and the doctor is taking her out to avoid any more problems. I might be singing a different tune come next Friday but for now, I feel totally ready for this new baby. Ella's potty trained and in her own bed, we've got our Christmas tree up, Christmas and birthday shopping not only done but every thing's wrapped and ready to go, Ella's birthday party is planned and invitations are out and the house is as clean and as organized as it's going to get. Now it's just a waiting game.

Saturday we had a big day. Poor Joseph was my slave for the day. We cleaned like crazy. I don't mean just picked up a messy house I mean like scrubbed every nook and cranny, organized anything and everything (even our outside storage room) and now I feel all this sudden like our apartment is twice it's size. I'm pretty sure Joseph was so sick of me but he was such a good sport and helped me out SO much with the things I couldn't do. Later that night we went to our ward Christmas party. I felt like I was going to die after all the work we did that day. My back, feet, stomach, groin, legs, pelvis and anything else that has to do with my joints hurt so bad I could hardly move but I wanted to have some fun so we went. I love the 12 to 14 year old girls b/c they love to take the nursery kids (for what reason... I don't know) and they took Ella for me allllll night long. It was almost like a date for us. I have to say, with all due respect, the food was probably the worst I've ever had. It, honestly, was right up there with hospital food. Processed turkey breast, dry baked potatoes, gravy with a slight burnt taste to it, canned corn and a salad with so much dressing on it that all the lettuce was wilted. I'd say the best part of the DINNER was the wilted salad but I have this thing with acidic foods where it eats away at my tongue so I couldn't even eat that. I would say the best part of the MEAL was the homemade dessert. I'm pretty sure it tasted good b/c it wasn't mass produced like dinner was, different people in the ward made different desserts. :) We did have fun though visiting with friends and the best part was...Santa came! Ella loves Santa but not the real guy, just all the statues and pictures she sees on tv, people's lawn ornaments and in the stores. So we waited in line and the whole time I was giving her a pep talk about Santa and how he brings candy and toys and he is really nice and we get to meet him and tell him what we want for Christmas. She kept saying, "dep! Can-ee, toys. Can-ee, toys. Mah Tanta, can-ee, toys." She seemed pretty good to go till we got up there and the big scary Santa was way to much for her. She started to freak out and tried crawling up my whole body with her arms wrapped tightly around my neck. I had to back off a bit and show her that he was really nice and we can stand as far away from him as she needed. She finally warmed up to him enough to let him hand me her little candy bag so I could give it to her. (she won't let strangers give things to her, they have to give them to me and then I give them to her. Kinda funny but safe I guess.) We got a picture but it's on a friend's camera and I've got to wait for her to e-mail it to me. Anyway...We've got a lot to look forward to this up coming week. Saturday is Ella's birthday party, Sunday is Ella's birthday, Friday is Carly's birthday, Friday night my family is coming to have Christmas at our house and help with Ella and the new baby, next Sunday is Joseph's birthday and Tuesday is Christmas! I can't wait to see Ella walk out Christmas morning to all of the toys and fun things Santa brought her. It's going to be the best part!

Since I don't really have any pictures for this post here are a few from the week...note to self, don't leave your toddler alone while eating....

8 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

You are such a good momma. I can't believe all you've done and now you can relax a bit before Carly gets here. You are so on the ball with things. Good luck with all the upcoming events, it looks like you'll have your hands pretty full, but you sound about as prepared as you can be!

Samantha Fife said...

You are so good. Ready for anything, like 3 birthdays and Christmas, and don't forget labor and delivery! What a woman! Good luck and let us know if you need anything!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Sweet! That is so exciting! I would trade places with you any day:) I am very impatient when i am pregnant. Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly.

Karrie Green said...

Hey there! I totally agree about the food at the party totally nast!! Worse than hospital food. The turkey was the worst part. Anyhow needless to say I am very impressed as well especially with the potty training thing still not sure why Hannah isn't catching on?LOL

steph said...

good job on getting all cleaned up and being so prepared. sounds like even though you have TONS coming up, you're very prepared. good luck next friday too. make sure to text pics as soon as that little baby is here!!

(i have a confession...i LOVED the hospital food. i'd ask for a turkey sandwich for every meal but breakfast and it was soooo yummy!!)

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

EXCITING!! You guys have some great things to look foward to! What a jam packed two weeks this will be, but so fun!! I'm so glad Carly has made it this far! (And you too!)

Sarah Mickalson said...

We had Lance 3 weeks early and he was my biggest baby of the three! Good Luck!