CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 30, 2011

2 Weeks, 3 Weeks, 4 Weeks....Oh my!




We've been having so much fun with Miss Alice and she's been growing so fast, I can't keep up with her! We went to the dr. to check Alice's jaundice level 2 days after she was born. She was down in weight about 7oz making her a whopping 5 lbs even. But the jaundice was fine. So we went back in at 2 weeks for her second PKU screening. So sad to have to watch your baby scream in pain and there's nothing you can do about it. On a happier note though, she gained some weight back. She was 5 lbs 6 oz and 19 1/2 inches long, putting her at 3% for weight. Can you believe that!??! She grew an inch in 2 weeks!






(She has the same cardigan on as when she came home from the hospital. Look how long her arms have grown since!)
3 Weeks






4 Weeks

I don't know why but for some reason they told me to come back when she was a month old. When I got there they said she didn't need to come in till she was 2 months. Oh well, whatever. They took her weight....at 4 weeks she was 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 1/2 inches long!! 2 more weeks and another inch. Wow, that sweet girl is growing way too fast for me. Alice is now in the 10% for weight. She has graduated from Preemie clothes to New Born size status although it looks like she's got her mommy's narrow shoulders b/c the sleeves keep falling off her shoulders. She's still in Newborn diapers...which are just about the cutest things ever. Am I right? She's doing great, following objects with her eyes and focusing on things and faces for longer periods of time as well as staying awake for longer periods of time. I'd say she's awake about 2 hours twice a day. Any other time she is just eating or sleeping. She is a great baby. Only cries when she needs to eat or to tell you, "burp me, I'm about to puke!" Oh...and I guess when she has gas. It hurts her little tum tum, but for the majority of the days she is a happy baby. I'm so grateful for that!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

She is adorable Morgan! I love all the hair. I still can't believe she was smaller than both the twins:)

Merrady said...

she's such a cute combo of ella and carly! what a perfect doll!

ATnell said...

She's so cute! Can't wait to hold her in just a few days! Have you received anything from our lost package? I'm still pretty worked up about it. We will come bearing more gifts, the USPS can't stop us.