CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swimming Lessons











The girls started swimming lessons at the end of May. It was still a little cold but we wanted to get them started before summer hit so they could hit the ground running.





Carly...didn't get much out of the lessons, I don't think. Except for the couple of seconds I was watching Ella doing some tricks in the pool and I look over and there's Carly under water with no floaties. Yikes! I pulled her out and just kept telling her what a good job she did! I think it freaked out out b/c she's a little more scared of jumping into the water than she was. But...she did learn to blow bubbles in the water, and kick really well with a straight body. She just forgets what to do when nobody is holding her up. :) She's jumping into the water now as opposed to just sliding off the edge. Carly could stay at the pool for 24 hours straight if I let her. Last week we were their for 5 hours and she cried when we had to go home.





Ella is a little fish when it comes to the water and she does very well. She taught herself how to swim last year but she could pretty much just not drown. (still, pretty good for a 3 year old. I wanted her to refine her skills and get some real lessons in. We're still trying to get her to swim with her arms extended and her face in the water but she's catching on and can go all over the pool by herself. It's pretty nice when I can just hang out at the water's edge and watch instead of having to hold them the whole time.

3 comments:

SA said...

Hi Morgan! Ella and Carly so cute!! Can I come over and hang out at the pool for 5 hrs?

MoJo said...

Definately! I would love that! Oh, and it's looking like I won't be able to come to FL this year. We should plan next year in Dallas once we get a house!

Shane and Alissa said...

I can't believe Carly lasted 5 hours. Your girls are looking sos old. I am impressed at how well Ella goes under water.