A little late but at least I posted. Mother's Day was fun. We decided to make a trip out to Nauvoo, IL to surprise Joseph's parents who are serving a mission there.
When moving out to Texas from Arizona Carly dumped some water on our car dvd player and that left us with out one for this trip. So....we had to find something else to pass the time... Things got a little ugly...
Joseph gnawed on some sunflower seeds....
got some bling from a truck stop...
and glam it up with full sets all around!
And what would a road trip be with out a little sing-a-long/dance-a-thon?
On our way we stopped in my home town of Liberty, Missouri to see my best girl Abbie. (she's got the pictures of that one.) We also went to my old home we grew up in and it kinda broke my heart. I loved that house and we put our sweat and tears and teenage years into it. (and no, I did not mean for that to rhyme:)
The next morning we left to go up to Carthage, IL, where Joseph's sister and her family live. That night we surprised Joseph's parents and it was fun to see their excitement as we let the girls run up to their door step and say, "hello!". We went to the Nauvoo temple the next day and it was beautiful and fulfilling. It felt great to be back where we were married and to be in the temple was great but to be in THAT temple was....just the best feeling. It brought back a flood of memories.
Saturday at about 10 pm we made the last min. decision to go on over to Iowa to see the Fifes! It was great hang'n out with you for the few hours before we went to bed and then left again! ha ha We made it back to Nauvoo for Mother's Day. I had a wonderful nap with Carly while Joseph went on to help make a great home cooked Mother's Day dinner with the rest of the guys. We got a few shots with the moms, here's one:
We left on Monday morning, but not till after we met Mick and Ned on our toured wagon ride around Nauvoo.
One our way home we stopped off in Lawrence, KS to meet up with my brother and his wife. We ended up seeing one of Joseph's mission buddies. (Sadly by that time my camera battery had died) So yes, in 1 week we traveled to 4 states, 5 cities, and saw a lot of people we love. It was a great week. Happy Mother's Day!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Mother's Day
Posted by MoJo at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
First of all, that first picture of you and the girls, you are one hot mama! You look amazing! I loved seeing pictures from your trip--how fun to surprise your in laws! Glad you had a fun trip!
Busy, busy! What a fun trip, and so spontaneous. I'm very jealous you got to see Gma and Gpa Killian.
I LOVE that black dress! Not to mention you look amazing, you are so skinny. I need to lose my baby weight. By the way I got your gift in the mail and it was so freakin cute!! We just got back from SLC today so I will call you sometime this week :)
You look amazing!!! Congrats on the 5km run! Maybe we will be able to run a race together one day!
I just want to say...although I think I have several times already. You look FAB with your dark hair! I love the first pic of you and your girls. So hot. :) why haven't we gotten together yet? Is it because we don't have a house yet :/ eeesh. I'll work on that!
Post a Comment