I'm so behind. I don't even know what to write anymore. But we sure have been having fun. I've been trying to keep the girls busy this summer for fear that we'd just be sitting in the house all day everyday because it's so hot. I soon learned that maybe I've over scheduled ourselves...but we still had a lot of fun!We started off by the girls completing swim lessons! Good job girls!
of course we added a lot more swimming to try out our new skills.
Next was Terrific Tuesdays. This particular one was the first and Miss Texas came to talk to everyone. I had to explain to the girls what exactly "Miss Texas" actually meant. I told them she was the Princess of Texas and they both said, "Ohhhhh" in unison. Carly was pretty uninterested in what she had to say until she started singing "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid...only Carly's favorite song in the world!
We were also going to library story time every Friday. The bubble Nazi...I mean lady came and showed us some pretty awesome stuff. Like blowing ginormous bubbles with just her hands and fingers. She was a feisty old lady that kept barking at all the little kids, but she was good at what she did so they invite her back every year.
I got a pass to the Dallas children's museum. Here are some of the highlights....
Milking the cow. I gotta say, it was pretty cool. Ella.
Carly.
Water room.
This is the fire truck that captivated Carly for the most part of our trips to the science center.
And last but definitely not least was the sand pit where you dig up dinosaur bones. Ella is very into dinosaurs but she is also in to the princesses and anything girly. That girl is well rounded.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
The Begining of Summer
Posted by MoJo at 5:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Looks like you guys are having a FUN summer. I can't believe Carly is holding her breath under water. That museum looks like a lot of fun I wish we had one.
did u get lice from the dress up clothes there? we did. what a way to ruin such a fun place!! :)
Post a Comment