CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

5K


Yesss! I did it. I was training for a 1/2 marathon about a year and a half ago. I got horrible shin splints and ultimately had to stop running till it got all better. I wasn't able to start back up with running in time for the race. I was pretty bummed out about it till I heard about this 5k race coming up. I decided to go for it.



I was trying to run the whole thing in at least 30 min.



I ended up running it in 32:15. Not too bad but now I have a time that I would want to beat. A goal in mind. After that, I hope to run a 10k and then hit my 1/2 marathon.




Here are my cheerleaders. I told Ella I was running a race and that she could cheer me on on the sidelines. She got really excited and set out her dress-up cheer outfit....about a week early. She asked me everyday when the big race was. When it finally came she was so excited. Her and Carly definitely cheered me on when the saw me coming and nothing was more rewarding that seeing how proud my littler girls were to see their mommy "winning" the race. Ella was shaking her pom pom furiously and jumping as high as her little calves would let her. She ran up to me once I crossed the finish line, yelling, "You WON!! Mommy! You won!! You won the race! You did it!" It was a fun race and rewarding. Something I learned from it...I hate running, but...I love competition. Even if it's competing with myself. So I think I'll do another.

3 comments:

Andy and Micah said...

Way to go Morgan! There is something about race day that keeps you coming back for more

Lindsey Phillips said...

You're The Woman!

Merrady said...

I hate running, too! You look awesome, and your girls are adorable!