Things are pretty good here. Busy, but good.
Joseph's job is doing pretty well. He stays busy and steady and is pretty excited about how it's going. We're proud of all the work he's doing and the dedication he puts into it. He just attended a golf tournament with one of his dealerships where he won the grand prize. Wahoo baby! He won a $500 gift card for a auto accessory store. Problem is...what are we going to do with it? Get nice rims and a sweet sound system in our family car?? ha ha I think we'll try to get a dvd system in it for road trips. They sounded pretty disappointed when we told them that. We also went to the Texas Rangers vs. Seattle Mariners game. Joseph was pretty into it and after we pumped the girls full of junk they were pretty happy to be there too. I did a lot a trash talking to keep myself entertained and Mariners (Joseph's team) won so it was a good day.
We're still trying to buy a house and we keep getting obstacles in our way. It's really frustrating. Once we feel like we have all our ducks in a row there's always ONE more thing. This time it was that Joseph hasn't been at his job for at least two tax periods. But then we have lots of friends that just got a job, have only been at their job for a year or haven't even started, yet they can buy houses. So stupid. It's all because we're self employed and banks don't like to lend to people who are self employed. Anyway, we're crossing our fingers for next spring/summer.
I'm doing well...I just got re-certified to teach aerobics. I've been teaching here in Texas since Aug. but now I feel official. (I lost my cert. when I was put on "rest" when preg. w/ Carly) I feel super busy all the time. I actually have to schedule when I can hang out with friends or even call them. It's pathetic. I'm the 2nd counselor in the yw and it's fun and challenging at the same time. I don't have any advisers so I have to teach every Sun. and plan activities for every Wed. and plan my aerobic routines for twice a week then actually teach my aerobic classes on Mon and Wed. nights. Plus, my girls have story time every Wed., Summer activities are coming up and Ella starts preschool soon. I feel like a soccer mom! I'm running in a 5k this weekend and I'm excited for that. I was training for a 1/2 marathon last year but I got really bad shin splints and ended up missing the race b/c of it. I've decided I hate running but I like competition.
The girls are doing well. Here we are after Ella did our make up. Carly helped a little. Brootiful. :)They start swim lessons in a few weeks. Carly can't swim but enjoys the water. Ella can...well...she can not drown. She does pretty well but I'd like her to have formal training.
Ella loves learning and always asks to do her school work books. She can't wait to start preschool but isn't too excited about the shots she needs to be able to attend. I'm a little nervous to send her off to school. I'm wondering if I should send her off or just keep her at home. It's at a public school and I don't want her bringing any gross illnesses home with her, or lice or picking up cuss words or an even sassier attitude from some of the kids. I never thought it would be this hard. Ella is very sweet and loves to make you proud. She loves animals and sleeps with about 7 stuffed ones every night. She's very passionate and has a willingness to help with a little sassy nature mixed in to make her quite the character. :) (where on earth did she get all this?? ;) She's figured out how to make her own ugly faces and keeps us laughing...even when we try not too. If you make Ella mad or embarrass her she will write you off, stick her nose up in the air and ignore you. She wants to be a cheerleader, do gymnastics, be an "exercise girl", and play soccer. We'll see what we end up with! :)
Carly is just as passionate. Only about different things. She loves babies and sleeps with about 4 of them but has developed her love for books. (and sleeps with about 10 of those) Every morning she wakes up and tries to fit as many books in her arms as possible with a baby in each hand, takes them into our room and asks me to read them all. She's even memorized how we read some of the easier ones and will sit on the couch reading them over and over. She's really into Ariel right now. Carly is very loving and will tell you "I wuv oooo SOOO MUCH!" It never gets old and I love to hear it. She tries to do ugly faces too but they're never ugly. Just too cute. If you make Carly mad or embarrassed she gets a big pouty lip and starts crying. It's heart breaking. Carly can sing her abc's, Twinkle Twinkle, Hush little baby, Part of this World from the little mermaid, and tik tok by Ke$ha. We're trying to phase that last one out.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Update
Posted by MoJo at 7:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Its nice to see how well you are all doing!!!
Cute! Sucks about the house obstacles. It'll feel so good once you FINALLY have your own place to move in. I wish we could see you guys more often. Hinder and Ella sound like bosom buddies!
Glad you guys are still alive and kicking! Dan's team is the mariners too! woot woot!
definitely a bunch of lovely ladies! I love hearing about their personalities. Hopefully I get to meet them soon!
Post a Comment