CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


Saturday before Easter we dyed eggs. It was fun and cute to see the girls really get into it. I still remember dying eggs right before Easter when I was younger. It's just one of the traditions that you do every year. It's just not the same with out doing it.



Here's the end result. They're supposed to be tiedyed but....they don't really look it to me. We all had really colorful fingers afterward and went out for a nice brunch at Ihop.


This Easter was great. We had no obligations and were able to just stay home and enjoy ourselves. The Easter Bunny was pretty good to the girls bringing a little bit of candy, some cute Easter outfits and some little toys that we played with all day. We had a delicious pot roast dinner that Joseph made. I have to say, probably the best we've made yet! We watched general conference and heard some amazing talks by our Prophet and his apostels.


Ella was the first to wake up...super excited! In our family the Easter Bunny hides the baskets. Ella found Carly's first and was so excited about the new dress. She was pretty disappointed when she saw it was by Carly's basket and realized it wasn't for her. She then found mommy and daddy's basket....that was a disappointment as well. She finally found hers and was beside herself. (as you can probably tell)


Carly couldn't care less about her dress and went straight for the candy. I love this picture. It makes me laugh. She looks really evil in it but I assure you, she had JUST woken up and she couldn't smile because she had so many jelly beans in her mouth they would've just drooled out.

So we tried to take Easter pictures...Oh my gosh, I don't think I've ever been so frustrated in my life! Every time one would smile, the other would be making a weird face, or scratching her bum or leaning over or the ONE time I'd get them both in the picture....I messed it up and cut off someone's head. So here's what we got...enjoy.













The first few are the ones that probably turned out the best. (minus the post bloody nose from Ella the night before.)The ones taken outside are from the following Sunday after Easter. Ella was having a melt down because the sun was in her eyes. She looks like she's in pain.

Anyway, as you can see, we enjoied ourselves. When asked, Ella said her favorite thing about Easter is EVERYTHING. Carly said her favorite thing was candy. (go figure) I think Josephs was staying home. Mine was being with my family all day long. So happy Easter y'all! Hope yours was great.

1 comments:

Karrie Green said...

The Easter Bunny always hid the baskets at our house growing up so that's what we did this year as well! your girls are so cute. Isn't it funny how sisters can look so diffrent Ella with her stright blond hair and Carly with her curly brown hair. a slant on Hannah's straight brown hair and Karrah's curly blond hair!