CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


Mother's Day was an event I was looking forward to. Not so that my family can wait on me but b/c I was saving my new spring dress (you know, the one I was preshopping for) to wear to church for Mother's Day and I loved it. I had it all thought out in my head. I would wake up early, actually do my hair, shave my legs, clean my ring so it would be nice and sparkly, Joseph would give the girls baths. I got the diaper bag ready the night before and went to bed fairly early. I was so looking forward to going to church together as a family and finally getting my turn to hear my little girl sing to me in the primary program. ...Things didn't go quite as I planned. I woke up to Ella crying at 4 am. She looked awful. I couldn't help but feel the heat radiating off her body. She had a temp of 102.8! Most of you know of her seizure she had last year. Then her temp was 102.3. So this was a huge concern of mine. I gave her a Popsicle, ice water, Motrin, turned our A/C down, and put a fan on her. She started shivering so that was a good sign. I put her in bed with me b/c I was too scared for her to sleep by herself. She was still shivering and every time I felt the convulsion my eyes would fly open and my heart would race thinking the seizures were back. Every time I was wrong, she was still just having the chills but it didn't make for a very good night's sleep. Then Joseph came home from work so I sent her out with him and got a good hour of sleep. Joseph woke me up to a nice breakfast with cream cheese and strawberry filled waffles, eggs, and orange juice. AND all the breakfast dishes done. There were two cards waiting for me. One from him and one from the girls. Ella wrote her name in the one from the girls...all by herself. That was a gift in and of it's self. So exciting that she's learning that now. Joseph got me a date night to Red Lobster and the girls got me a new swim suit. I ended up going to church with just Carly so I didn't get to hear Ella sing to me or have my husband at my side. We took a picture before church and Ella was so sad b/c she wanted to go to church too. She says, "I don't want Carly to go to church. I want her to stay here with me!" Then she started feeling left out b/c Carly and I had on pretty dress and she was still in jammies. She says (crying) "I don't want to be in the picture! Mommy and Carly have beautiful dresses and I only have my pink jams." So we put a jean skirt on her for the picture and miraculously it made everything better. It was hard to leave her there, she wanted to celebrate with me and I wanted to celebrate with her. The ward put together something really special for all the moms. During the 3rd hour all the men took over all the women's callings (mine is nursery!) and the women went to a luncheon together and were served by the bishopric. It was awesome!

On the drive home from church Carly fell asleep in the car and Ella was burning up on the couch when I got home. I took her to the urgent care and she has what looks like strep. (the dr. said it looks like that but she's pretty young for strep.) She got put on antibiotics and can't eat anything b/c of her sore throat. Her tonsils are SO swollen with puss on them (TMI? sorry) and I have to stick a q-tip down her throat with oragel on the tip of it just so she can drink something. She's going to her dr. today. So sad. I was up all night AGAIN last night cleaning up bloody nose from blankets, sheets, pillow cases, clothes, Ella's body, her hair, and the floor. Now Carly has a fever. Oh my. This week, I think reality was just trying to let me know that I really am a mother and didn't want me to forget it. I did have a great Mother's Day, despite lack of sleep. I did get a few funny comments from Ella that made me laugh. On the way to the Dr.'s on Sunday Ella says, "Mom, after the Dr. can we get some ice cream?" me:"Oh, Ella, I'm sorry. Today is Sunday so we can't buy anything. We don't buy things on Sunday". Ella:"But it's not Sunday for me. So I can have some ice cream." The other one was when she was up at 4 am. She was sitting on the potty and looks up at me and says, out of the blue, "If somebody is naughty, they say this kind of word: stupid." The reason this is so funny is b/c she know's she's not allowed to say the word "Stupid" (I know, it's lame but I don't want my 3 yr. old to be calling things or people stupid just yet. It sounds a lot worse when it comes from that cute little voice of hers) So any chance she gets to say a word like that she'll fit it in so she can say it and not get reprimanded.




I just want to let my girls know that I love them so much. Motherhood, for me, is the hardest job I've ever had but I love it more than any other job I could ever have. I love it when Carly comes to me with a book in her hand and doesn't say anything, just climbs in my lap and waits for me to read it. Or when I go to get her after nap or in the morning and she's got the biggest smile, bouncing up and down in her crib waiting for me. I love her squeals and giggles. I love it when Ella climbs into my bed when she wakes up in the morning, stares at me till I open my eyes and then says, "Mommy, you're beautiful". Then when I tell her, "you're beautiful too" she says, all perky, "SANKS!" I love all the hugs and kisses I get (especially the unexpected ones), all the snuggles and love. It's more than I ever thought Motherhood would be and I'm so happy to be the one to get to do this job. Thanks to Joseph for making me a mother and all his support and Thanks to my girls for making motherhood so eventful. I will do my best to be the best mother to you both.
Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I love your dress. I am sorry to hear Ella and Carly are sick. It really does make for long days and nights. I hope they feel better quickly.

Laura Jansson said...

You are one hot mama! I'm sorry Ella was sick, but glad you still got a little spoiling for Mother's Day! Hope Ella is feeling better :)

Stacy Taylor said...

sick kids on mothers day! That's just not fair. Well at least you look hot. I bet all the deacons fight to bring you the sacrament... especially in that dress.

Unknown said...

Oh You poor thing. Sick babies are not fun. Emma was diagnosed with strep just today. Her temp was 103.1 when she woke up from her nap. SO sad. I love being able to make it all better though- being a momma is wonderful, isn't it!? :)

I love all of your pretty new dresses--you are like me, I LOVE getting all dressed up for church, and I love dresses and shoes!

-Melissa