CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our Holly Jolly Christmas




It was a good Christmas this year. We were supposed to be going to Joseph's family's house this year but couldn't make it. So we stayed with my family here in AZ and it was fun. I do finally realize why my parents never wanted to wake up at like 5 am to open presents and made us wait till at least 6 am. It was because they were up playing Santa till 4 am. The girls got way to many gifts. They still don't really know what to play with b/c there's so many to choose from. I don't know what I was worried about. For some reason I thought this was going to be a small Christmas this year. HA! I guess with Ella, Carly, and Joseph's birthdays all being the same week as Christmas that just wouldn't be possible. I kinda skipped posting about Joseph's birthday...(sorry babe) But I think he did have a fun birthday (on the 23rd of Dec.) I attempted to make him a nice surprise stake dinner with sushi delivered (by one of our good friends that works at our favorite Sushi restraunt) But once Joseph saw me trying my hand at making steak he kindly took over. (last time I made steak we ended up just having to throw them out.) Then we had some nice veggies to go with our meal but that was a flop (litterally). The squash and zuccini slid out of the pan and landed on the floor. There was enough left in the pan for 1 serving so I told Joseph to go ahead...ya know, it being his birthday and all. Then the sushi was 2 hours late. Our friend got stuck at work so I finally picked it up about 10 min. before I had to leave for work. I hope Joseph had an alright birthday. Sometimes I feel like it gets lost between the girl's and Christmas. We love you though babe and Happy 26th!

Here are some Christmas pictures to enjoy. :)

After the Birthday Parties came the Christmas parties. (I'm pretty sure we had about 10 parties we went to this month.)This is our Ward Christmas party. It was a pretty cute idea. The theme was "Christmas Morning". Everyone wore their jams (or lounge clothes) and they had breakfast for dinner, read Christmas stories, and had the families take "Christmas Morning" pictures.


Here's Ella at the Anual Christmas party that Joseph's aunt throws. It was fun to be with more family for Christmas. They do a nativity "play" that takes about 5 minutes to do but it's cute. Ella was the only girl above 1 year old so she was asked...begged, bribed,threatend,tricked to be Mary. She just wouldn't do it. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the amount of attention she was getting from everyone when they were trying to presued her to play the Mother of Jesus. Finally, after LOTS and LOTS of trying I gave up when she shouted in the quiet room full of watchful eyes and listening ears, "I dont WANT to be Mary!! I wanna be a rockstar." that was immediately followed by her shredding the air guitar. Everyone was laughing and my face was red hot. I stood there dumbfounded. I seriously have no idea where she got that but I have to admit, it was pretty dang funny. This picture is of her dancing around being a rockstar. This poor "play" was SO ruined by all the 2, 3, 7 year olds and 2 lost baby sheep running this way and that while the narrator was putting in her best efforts to stay focused and read the script,while short little bursts of laughter slipped out of her sealed lips. It was quite the show.


Carly was one of the sheep. Her and another baby that was 9 month old were super cute little lambs.


Carly, spreading some Christmas cheer. I was trying to get a good picture in before Christmas of the two girls by the tree. Ella wouldn't stop shouting "Book of Mormon Stories" at the top of her lungs while Carly was in histarics b/c I wouldn't let her have my Camera.

We obviously ended up getting a good one. Ella sure seems to be happy in this one.


I thought I'd throw this one in there b/c I finally found away to get Carly's hair to stay in the pigs I put them in. (Thanks Samantha! I stole the idea from Michaela's hair :)





Ella discovering what Santa brought her. (don't worry about the nasty cold sore. poor girl. everyone was sick on Christmas except for me....I'm just sick now.)



Opening presents together. I was surprised at Carly. She did a great job and caught on real fast.




Carly is REALLY into baby dolls lately. Every time we pass them in the toy aisle she grins so big and gets really excited. She'll pull them off the shelves if you get to close. She got these twins and ADORES them. She started bawling when Joseph had to take the box away to get them out.


30 seconds later she's happy again b/c she's got her two little babies.


Ella's pink Barbie guitar. Now she can rock out and won't have to blister her fingers on that air guitar of hers.



Trying on new clothes.





Carly's loot.




Cute jams from Aunt Ashley and Uncle Sam. Thanks guys!




A few days after Christmas we went to this park in Scottsdale that we thought was just your average park but what caught our eye was a train ride in the park. So we planned to go and it was much much more! It had real train engines and box cars turned into a museum, a carosel, train rides with a real mini steam engine, and tons more of that touristy gift shop and food stuff. We were pleasently surprised when we got there but a little sad that it was closing in 1 hour. We didn't get to do as much as we wanted but still go to have fun for a little while.

Carly and Daddy happy to be here.




Ella and I on the train ride.



Carly and daddy hanging out on the train.


The girls and I by the real steam engine.





On the carosel. Sorry Carly girl. Your face got chopped off and then the camera died. :) I felt quite talented at being able to hold both girls securely on sthis ride. I had totally forgotten that the horses not only move in a circle but they go up and down at opposite times.



Daddy and the girls playing around.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great pictures of your cute family!!!

Shane and Alissa said...

Carly is looking so grown up. She is a really pretty little girl. That was hilarious about Ella's air guitar. I'm glad Christmas turned out so great.

Carolyn said...

what a cutie your ella is! And we got the same thing for christmas... I can't tell if that's good or bad.

fung family said...

Morgan, your kids are so cute!!! And Miss Carly shares my birthday, ya know? Little Ella looks like a mini Morgan. So cute! Happy new year! Jill

Ryan and Brittany said...

Carly has the cutest hair, and so big! I'm jealous of their Christmas.