I've been waiting for this day for over 3 years now. I know I'm a little bit crazy but I'm a total girly girl at heart and ever since I was pregnant with Ella and I found out we were having a baby girl I couldn't wait to have a girly princess birthday party for her. The day finally came where Ella was old enough to appreciate a princess party. Last week, on the 6th, all the little kids dressed up and we had a dress up box available for those that didn't have dress up. Even me and my friend Susy (who was helping me) wore my old prom dresses. Our neighbor across the street is the bishop in my brother's single's ward. He's got an imaculate back yard where he lets all the single's ward couples who get married have their receptions. There's a gazibo, ponds with fish in them, music, flowers everywhere... just perfect for a magical princess tea party. They let us use it for FREE! When the kids first got there they decorated foam crowns to use as their birthday hats. The girls had sparkly pink tiaras and the boys had king crowns. After the crowns a special surprise guess arrived and All the kids were in Awwww. She read them a story and talked to the kids about edicate and how to use proper manners at a tea party. The kids ate their cute tea treats. I had fun making the food. I went simple with pb&j sandwiches (only cut into cut flower and heart shapes), crackers and cheese (the cheese was cut into cute shapes too), carrots, truffles and chocolate dipped cupcakes. (super easy but looks like I slaved away ;) Ella got a real tea set from my parents that we used at the party and Joseph and I got Ella an Ariel costume with matching tiara to wear to the party. (Ariel is her favorite) I LOVED it....she LOVED it and so did everyone else who came. Here are some pictures for those who missed it.
The invitation...

Opening presents....



Everyone at the party....
Here is our special guest! This is a lady in our ward who I thought looked exactly like the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella. I came to her one Sunday and asked her to spend abut 20 minutes at Ella's birthday party, dressed up like the Fairy Godmother and read the Cinderella Story. She was totally cool about it and was TOTALLY in character during the whole story. Then...to make things even better... That week we were trading services in Relief Society and had this tree where you write a service on a paper leaf... you hang it on the tree and then get to pick one from someone else. I found one that said SEWING! So I got a different lady in the ward to sew the cloak for the FGM and she did an amazing job! (I totally lucked out!) We got her a wand and she completely dazzled the kids (and the parents!) Right before she left she took an individual picture with each kid. 
All the kids... mesmorized!



Ella with her one on one time with the Fairy Godmother...
And of course Carly and I had to sneak in a picture... :)
The food....



Playing on of those..."sit on the balloon and pop it" games. There were necklaces and rings inside the balloons for them to find.

Ella got another dress up as a gift and wanted to wear it the other half of the day.
Here's the FGM again... this is when she said good bye to all the cute kids. (She was saying, "Bippity, Boppity, Boo!" Thanks to everyone to help make this day magical to my little princess!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Magical
Posted by MoJo at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Oh my gosh! You are such a good mom! WOW. I love it, and wish we could have come to play! What a fun day for Ella and all the other kids too!
What a great party! I wish we lived close, we wouldn't have missed that one! Way to go....... I am still dreaming of our first princess party, it will have to wait a little bit still. Any ideas for a 2nd birthday party??
Morgan! that is the coolest party ever!!! How fun for you AND for Ella! Way to go! :)
Oh my gosh I'm drooling! That looks like the most fun party ever!!
If we were neighbors I think we could be best friends. What an AMAZING party. And props to you for still fitting in your prom dress!!
How stinkin' cute! Happy birthday Ella. I don't know what I did with my prom dress--and I know I wouldn't fit in it now! Ella is lucky to have you!!
So cute! Yay for girls, I can't wait until Bree gets older.
Oh my goodness!! Morgan, it turned out like a dream! I can't get over it! The invitations, the crowns, the dresses, a FGM, the food and you..Everything looked SO perfect!! We wish we could have been there! Madie said when we got to the end of the pictures "is the party over??" i said "yeah" she started being all sad and saying "no!!"
Can we book you to come do madies party next year? :) you really could make $$ doing that! we miss you guys!!
That is the cutest thing I have ever since...very detailed! Love it.
WOW!! I bet those girls were in heaven... I can't imagine all of the planning and work you put into this, that was so wonderful of you!!! Those pictures are priceless
What a magical birthday! Everything looked perfect! the FGM looked awesome. Nice touch! I was thinking about you al on Ella's birthday! I can't believe she's three!!! You looked very pretty too!
What a fun party and how fun to have the Fairy Godmother to come read to them! She was awesome! And whoever did the outfit for her was awesome too! Did she have a pattern or just come up with it on her own?!? That was wonderful! I would love to have been there to watch all of the fun! Great party!
Post a Comment