CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008


I hate it when I have to check one of my friend's blogs like a thousand times to hear updates on their families all to just find the same post 3 weeks in a row. :) So sorry to whomever cares about my blog enough to check it that many times. I don't have much time right now b/c Carly is whining and needs to go down for her first nap of the day, I've got Christmas cards to get ready (by the way, if you'd like one e-mail me your address Jmkillian@hotmail.com... otherwise, I'm not responsible if you don't get one. :) Birthday invitations to make, cakes to make, e-mails to catch up on, birthday's to plan, Christmas gifts to buy and make....I've got so much to do....and I've lost our cord to put pictures on our computer and what's a blog entry with out a visual to get you interested? So here is an older one from a few weeks ago. Ella wanting to hold Carly-- a daily occurrence. I don't think Ella realizes that Carly is almost as tall as her and only weighs about 5 pounds less than her.

....Hold on, Carly's not going to wait for this blog to post.....

...back. That girls goes down to sleep faster than any other child I've seen. Anyway...

You see, this is what my days have been filled with. Just craziness. The second I get something started I've got to stop and do something else. Then I forget about the first thing I'm doing, start something else, get interrupted and yeah... kinda like this blog post... Where was I? Oh yeah, very busy... So Joseph started working graveyard shift at Walmart Neighborhood market (10pm to 7am) and going to school full time. He's really working hard and doing well in school. He's totally nuts I tell ya. We really don't see each other much. It's been hard to get our schedule working for us again. I haven't been to the gym in almost a month! Needless to say I feel disgusting. For all you non gym go-ers it's totally fine to not go to the gym, but when you're going to the gym 5 days a week and running 3 miles every other day with crazy weight lifting on your off days you kinda feel a little off when you don't go. Joseph and I just went to see the movie Twilight. We hadn't read the books yet but we love to go to midnight showings of movies (plus, it's what works well with our schedules) We loved the movie and bought the book a few days later. We pretty much had to fight over who got to read it when (he he) and are now totally hooked and are having withdrawals b/c we don't have the second book yet. (you crazy Twilight fans know what I'm talking about) It's a rare occasion to get me to read a book so this book must be good.

For Thanksgiving we were just going to stay here in Mesa while my WHOLE family went to Colorado Springs at my Grandma's house. I was a little bummed about this but sucked it up. My brother, his wife, my sister and my grandma hadn't seen Carly since she was 5 weeks old. I really wanted to go. My brother came through for us last minute and gave us money to go. We didn't tell anybody and just made the 12 HOUR drive to Co. Springs on Wednesday. Everyone was really surprised and we had a great Thanksgiving. We had to leave on Friday at 6 am so I only got to do some Black Friday (my FAVORITE holiday) shopping for 2 hours. (last year I was 8.5 months pregnant and was shopping from 3 am till 10 am) The girls did amazingly well in the car. No crying, fussing, tantrums, "are we there yet" whining, etc. Carly had a little melt down about 1/2 hour before we got to Grandmas and on the way home about a half hour before we got home but it wasn't anything she couldn't deal with once she got her bink and her favorite blanky (Erin, it's her pink and purple silky one you got her! Yay for blankies!) Ella actually got to see some snow (the second time in her life. The first was when she was about 11 months old). I've got a picture of it but I'll have to wait for that.

Carly turned 11 months old on the 22nd of November. She just started looking bigger to me yesterday. It kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. She also started waving hello and bye bye about a week ago. She started walking along furniture on Sunday and we're hoping she's walking soon. It's hard to take her and Ella to the park and me have to hold her the whole time. I also can't bear to watch her destroy every single piece of clothing she owns by army crawling and grinding dirt (that I can't get out for the life of me) into the tummy of all her shirts. She is so content and sweet natured. We all love her and suddenly turn into cannibals around her. Nobody can resist her chubby cheeks.

Ella has really gotten into princesses lately. Her favorite is Ariel. She watches Little Mermaid or Little Mermaid II at least once a day. I really can't stand LM II. It's pretty unbearable. :) She loves Carly to the point of smothering the poor child. But they really get along great and that's all I ask for. She's got an imaginary friend. It's a bee. And whenever I ask her how she knew something or why she did something she says, "the bee told me." or "the bee told me to do it". I asked her last night, "where is this bee that you keep talking about?" her: "Um, he's in my tummy." Wow, that's pretty.... uh... well, pretty weird. but ok.


I'm busy planning 3 birthday parties. Ella's is this week and it's going to be a princess tea party. I'm so excited for this b/c it's become a big thing. Carly is having a birthday party with another girl born the day after her. That's snowballed into a big thing too(more on that later). Poor Joseph doesn't have much of a big birthday bash planned but I've got something up my sleeve for just the two of us...which is almost better in my book. I'm also trying to get all of the invitations to parties, Christmas Cards made, and Christmas presents bought and made so I'm sorry that you don't get more of an inside look at our family life but it will probably be this way till Jan. 1st. So stay tuned for pictures from Ella's birthday party. Until then.... just know we're still alive. (sorry if this post is pretty scatterbrained... That's about how I am right now.)

9 comments:

Joseph Wilson said...

OH! I am so glad that I am not the only one who has a crazy child! haha...Emma just developed an imaginary friend! She calls him Broccoli...which is VERY ironic because she hates veggies, especially broccoli! Read my blog in the next day or two for a crazy story about Broccoli! :)

Joseph Wilson said...

yeah that is me...

-Melissa

Nathan Stephanie Gilbert Family said...

Your kids are getting so big. Ours is getting closer to coming out. Congrats on going back to school. We will be in O-Town for Christmas so if you will be there let us know and we will have to get together.

Carolyn said...

I hear you on the christmas/birthday craziness! Caden's birthday isn't till Jan, but I'm a little psycho about parties and start planning them months in advance.

shakenbake said...

Oh my! Let me just say that I am still laughing about the "broccoli" comment. Your kids are so cute. I kind of feel that way about Jayden's cheeks too. I will hold him so we're cheek to cheek, and just turn my head a 'lil and want to sink my teeth in.

shakenbake said...

PS--I’m SORRY for not posting that often. I TRY!!

Shane and Alissa said...

Holy crap! Carly is almost as big as ella. I love the imaginary friend :)

Ryan and Brittany said...

Miss you guys, sounds like everything is going and going.

mostly Stacy said...

I know how the craziness goes... I am excited to see some updated pics of you guys...