CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Four Years Ago...

....We were doing this.

We have now been happily married for four years! That's just nuts to me. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were counting down the weeks to get married. This year Joseph and I left the girls for an overnight date to down town Phoenix. It was not all that it's cracked up to be. We thought that it'd be awesome to check out downtown. Just like in any other major city but no... aside from the stadium and a science museum, there's just a bunch of office buildings and a handful of restaurants. But, whenever I'm with Joseph, it doesn't matter what's going on. I still have fun. (Sappy, but so true) We stayed at this old 1920's hotel that was pretty neat and cute. It had some history behind it which was kind of cool.
Joseph eating at a way good Mexican restaurant.



Our cool historic hotel.



Hanging out in the hotel.



We look like dorks here but it was just because the sun was in our eyes. We really are pretty cool.



We thought it might be nice to go to a Diamond Back's baseball game so we headed over to the stadium. I'm the biggest tight wad and didn't want to spend a lot of money to see a game I really didn't care much for so we just went to check out ticket prices. It was going to be too much (for me anyway) to go so right as we were about to turn away, this guy and lady came up to us and asked us if we were looking for tickets. Thinking they were just ticket scalpers, Joseph didn't want to deal with them and blew them off. So the guy shrugs his shoulders like, "ok, whatever" and hands them to someone else for FREE! We were thinking, "uh, but, uh, wait, but we thought...DANG!" We totally could've gotten free tickets and had fun at a ball game. Instead we went to a movie (we're pretty big fans of going to see movies) and then went for a walk to the Ghetto Circle K down the street and Joseph was so freaked out he started to take out his wallet and pull all of his cash out to stick it in his shoe. Then I started freak'n out b/c he just flashed a wad of cash out in public in the ghetto! Coming from the Ghetto in Vegas you'd think we'd have no problem walking around Phoenix but I guess we've grown accustom to not having to see bums digging through garbage dumpsters and such out here in Mesa. ha ha. Oh! I've got to let you all in on my favorite story... So we were just walking around a lot and we hear this guy yelling so we turn and directly to our left is this bum standing in the middle of the street right smack in front of this lady's brand new BMW SUV, yelling at her, "I just need $2 for the bus! I'm homeless!!" and he's holding up all of this traffic. At first I was thinking, "that's a little crazy" and then, as she's yelling at him to get out of her way, he gets down on the ground and lays down right in front of her car on the street! It was totally nuts! There were seriously like 20 cars behind her. What an idiot that guy was. Yelling at that poor lady like she owes him something. I kinda felt bad for the guy having to degrade himself to that also. So sad.

Anyway, we definitely had a fun time but we also found ourselves saying to each other, "I'm excited to see our girls". haha We celebrated last weekend b/c Joseph started school on Monday. Today Joseph had a lot of homework so we weren't able to really do much but, every year, on our anniversary we get a cake identical to our top tear on our wedding cake. I wasn't able to get one this year so I just made one.



It doesn't look quite like it but it sure tasted just as good.




So here's to four years Babe. I love you!

4 comments:

Lobdell family said...

Happy Anniversary Morgan and Joseph!! It sounds like a nice trip even though you missed out on the game.

Samantha Fife said...

Isn't downtown Phoenix LAME? It's too bad you guys didn't live there when we did, it would have been awesome! Happy four years!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so fun.

Lindsey said...

YAY for you guys!!!!