
Here's a bit of what we've been up too. Ella took this picture of me when we were playing play doh. She calls that my "clown town" nose. I've been really trying to keep her busy. 
Wrestling with daddy... Ella loves this.

On the Fourth of July (my personal favorite holiday) we woke up and started cooking right away. Ella and I made pies, my mom made jello salad, Joseph barbecued and my dad got the pool ready for swimming.
Ella helping me with pies.... I left to go get something and she decided to make herself a little more comfortable I guess. lol
Jospeh, the master griller...
After eating the girls took naps and Joseph and I went to see Hancock. I loved it. It was really good so if you haven't seen it, I totally recommend it. When the movie was over with we came home and picked up Ella to take her to the fireworks show. I would've liked to bring Carly but I didn't want to hurt her ears or anything. 
We had a lot of fun. There was tons of food tents, bouncy houses and a train ride. (it was really just a tractor transformed into a train with the engine, cars and everything. It was cute but the longest lines b/c all the little kids wanted to ride on the train. 
This year we were smart and brought lots of glow necklaces and bracelets. They really keep a 2 1/2 year old occupied while waiting for fireworks. :) She loved them and even shared some with another girl who didn't have any. What a sweetheart. 
This past week we've been trying to get out of the house more and explore. We
went on a walk to Walgreens the other day just to get out of the house. Trying to beat the heat we left at 9 am but no luck. It was still like 101 degrees! Just crazy I tell ya. We also went to the park at like 8 am the day before but that only lasted about 1/2 hour. Ella was able to go on the swings and the slide only once. After that everything go too hot and burned her skin so we left. We found a really cool splash park though. It's HUGE! I've never seen such a big one. We got invited by some friends in our ward. Of course that day they did a news cast on how lots of AZ pools getting shut down b/c of a parasite found in a public pool. Kinda gross, but the news casters came and they got Ella (and unfortunately me) on camera. It's only a tiny little clip but it's her and she was on tv. :) We went back on Friday with Daddy b/c it was so much fun.
Daddy with Carly.
The baby splash.
Waterfall.
Carly and mommy.
The girls.
tuckered out from the day.
Anyway, we had a lot of fun. There's still more pictures but maybe I'll save them for later so that I don't have to write another novel. :)
Sunday, July 20, 2008
What we've been up too...
Posted by MoJo at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
THat looks like a lot of fun. When does Joseph start school?
looks like you guys are having fun and keeping busy. what a good idea to bring glowsticks to the fireworks!!
Oh my goodness! you must think I am the worst friend ever! I have been meaning to call you. In fact I should just call you right now!! We miss you guys so much! I want you to come back!! It was so nice to have a friend so close, that I could hang out and talk to. are you guys going to come visit anytime?? well, It's good to see that you are having fun and doing well. How's your job going so far?
amanda
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays as well!! Looks like your family is having a lot of fun together this summer!! Our summer has been filled with rain!
Post a Comment