CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easter

I'm late, but who am I kidding, that's kind of been my M.O. lately.

Easter was fun. We started early with coloring eggs. About 3 weeks early. But the girls were so excited to do it and we needed an activity.






Looking like nice ladies is just too much to handle in our family. Apparently we'd much rather look like this....




Aren't they beautiful? We are proud for sure! :)


The week before Easter we went on a big trip. First to Nauvoo, IL to see Joseph's parents. The car was packed, we were on our way. Then an hour into our trip Joseph kept getting phone calls for hail cars and decided to be dropped off in McKinny and catch a ride with a partner back home. There was no way he was leaving this big 500 car hail mess just to get messier. What a let down! He had already been so busy and we were hardly seeing him and I kept telling myself that the end was near and we were going on a big vacay. Booooooo! But! You gotta do what you gotta do. Accountants have tax season, Retail managers have Christmas season....and we've got hail season. So daddy worked 14 hour days and we went to have fun with Grandma and Grandpa!

Eating sweet homemade ice cream and goofing off with Grandma!







Right before we left Nauvoo Grandma had a fun Easter egg hunt for them right when the woke up.





Saying goodbye to Grandpa and now off to Kansas!


Next on the list was Lawrence, Kansas where my brother and his wife live. They had a new baby, Murray Lawrence. My first nephew on my side of the family! We got to see my two brothers, my sister, Grandma and my parents. We were just missing my brother Lincoln who wasn't able to make it.




We did a lot of baby snuggling....








Blessing attending.....






Eating out.....






and Catching up.....


Ella was great, she went around and took pictures of everyone. Pretty good shots might I add and I didn't have to move a muscle. Just sit and enjoy my delicious dish. Don't know everyone? Let me introduce you:



Hi, this me. :)




My dad (aka: Pop) with a zonked out little Carly.


Ella Bella. (standing on a booster seat so she could "trick" everyone so they would think she was taller.)


My brother Adam and his cute wife Ashley (aka: the new parents) and Ashley's parents and sister.



The oldest of my 3 younger brothers, Noah (he wears his sunglasses at night) and Noah's GF Kylie (aka:balloon animal creator and great kid entertainer)



This is my mom...aka:Nonie. She loves the babies. (I think she secretly wants to steal them.)



My Grandma aka:GiGi. She's great and I love her.



My one and only sister Ashley. Soon to be Ashely Trunnell no longer.


Wedding shopping for my sister who will be getting married in August....


Balloon animal making....
And yes, one daughter has a pink poodle, the other (if you were wondering) is a bazooka...and yes, she was the one that asked for that.

Oh, but our journey didn't end here. It was very eventful. After the blessing and celebrating my dads birthday we went on over to my hometown of Liberty, Missouri to visit with my best friend, Abbie. We had good times but it was a short trip. I had to leave the next morning. Even though it's short, it's always nice to see her. I feel so greatful that I live close enough to be able to visit.

On my way home we had some crazy weather. Going through Tulsa, OK I got caught in a tornado storm. The lady at the toll booth said there was one coming straight for us. I was listening to the radio for any warnings but like that is going to help if I didn't even know where I was. I ended up having to pull over because the rain was coming down so hard and fast and then it started hailing golf ball sized hail. I though it was going to break my windshield. And yes, I was scared out of my mind. Ella thought it was cool and Carly slept through the whole thing. Here is one picture...I caught a piece mid air.

These crazy things mangled my car.




We were on the road again and both girls had finally fallen asleep. I have to share this picture of Ella that I caught while stopped at a stop light. I'm glad she understands safety.


Now I'm about as bord typing this as you are reading it. So I'll just leave you with the end of April which was Easter morning. It was fun and hectic, as we had church at 9 am and woke up fairly late.

2 comments:

RileyDestry said...

What a fun trip! You're amazing for doing all the driving without Joseph.

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

your girls are so cute!! Your oldest is like a small version of you! We have so busy with moving, and then moving again, and then having a baby, I haven't really been able to jog through people's blogs, but I just caught up on yours and saw the news!! Congratulations on your pregnancy, I am excited to see what you are going to have!! Keep up on the blogging, it is so fun to stay up to date!! Love ya girl!