
This is long over due. I've been dreading blogging about it. I want to eventually put my blogs into a tangible book to keep in our home so I need to make sure to keep them updated but There is so much information and pictures about what we've been doing the past month that I have been procrastinating it big time. I figured that since we have been snow/iced in for the past 3 days now would be the time to catch up.
We've always talked about going to Disneyland but never really did it. Joseph and I decided now would be the best time to go to Disneyland, right before Carly turned 3 because then we'd only have to pay for the 3 of us and Carly would be free. So we went as a birthday/Christmas present to the girls. (This was our Christmas gift to the girls but Santa still came so trust me...they were all but barren on Christmas morning)
We only told the girls that we were going to California. Early in the morning (like 3am) we woke the girls up and headed to the airport bound for California. This was Dec. 16th, Ella's actual birthday.
They were both really excited to go on an airplane. Ella thought this was the best part of her birthday.
My cousin Merrady was so nice to pick us up at the LA airport and take us to Long Beach to spend the rest of the day and night at the beach and their home. It was the girl's first time seeing the beach.
Jonny Rocket's in Long Beach.
It was a little colder than we thought it would be.
The girls' sand castle...I tried helping. Apparently I'm not the best help in the sand castle making department because I didn't really help much.
My sweet husband and I. It was the first time at the beach together. Work had been so busy before we left so I was happy to have him for 2 weeks with just the family.
Me and my cute girls.
My little birthday girl! She was so excited it was her birthday, that she was 5 and that she was at the beach. She fell into the water a few times. When she swallowed a big mouthful of ocean water she was so disgusted and said, "EWWW! It's SALTY!" Yep...it is. :) She ran around finding as many seashells as she could fit in all her pockets and hands. Merrady and Me. I haven't seen my cousin in about 7 years. It was really nice to catch up with her.

After getting soaked in the ocean and then freezing the rest of the time at the beach a nice warm bubble bath was in order. Fully equipped with bath paint of course. :)
We had a great day and ended it with some adult talk and Thai food. :)
Tomorrow...Disneyland.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
California Adventure Part 1
Posted by MoJo at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This looks so fun! I'm so jealous! Can't wait to hear about Disneyland!
You have such a cute family! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the beach
You guys are so adorable. What a fun trip! I'm sure the girls will remember it forever. I love reading Ella's reaction when you pulled into Disneyland!
Post a Comment