CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

October Festivities


Our family at the Texas State Fair. (and a couple of Zebras...and yes, thanks to Diana for taking it whilst said Zebra is relieving himself)


This is how we started Fall out. (and yes, it's going to be a long post. I've got a lot of catching up to do.) Apparently the Texas State Fair is supposed to be the biggest fair in the world or something like that. I don't know the full stats on it, nor do I care to look it up. But I think that's what I heard and yes, like they say, everything is bigger in Texas, and the fair was no exception.
We tried fried Twinkies, fried Oreos, fried ribs and I think by far the best was the Oreos. Although I didn't have enough room for the fried snickers bar which I'm sure would've beat out the Oreos.


We made sure to hit a couple rides. This is Ella and I ready to get on the kids roller coaster. A first for Ella.She loved it and after Carly crying because she wanted to go on also... we went again and took Carly this time. She didn't love it as much as Ella and clung pretty tightly to me.


Here's poor Carly clinging to me for her life. She was pretty excited and proud of herself after we got off the ride.



We went on to the petting zoo. I was pretty surprised at the amount of exotic animals they had there.





*****A couple weeks later we went camping with our good friends the Goellners*******







Carly's first smore and loving it!


We did a lot of hiking, bouldering and rock climbing. I opted to be the photographer because I have a tendency to freak out when faced with hights and thought I'd spare myself the embarrassment this time.





Check out these little rock climb'n cuties...






Ella was proud of herself getting on this boulder all by herself.




Joseph and Diana free climbing this big old rock. I was so scared just watching them. It was probably about a 30 foot drop. You guys were awesome!


**********Fire Safety Day at the Library************

I try and make it to library story time every week because it MAKES me get up and do something for my kids. Not that I don't ever take them anywhere but some weeks I find myself so busy I realize we really didn't do anything fun for the kids during the week. So ever since I had Carly we made it a tradition (if you will) to at least make it to the library weekly.






The girls were really timid at first. Especially Ella. She's always been pretty shy upon meeting new people so I wasn't surprised. Soon enough though she found her smile and was excited to be there.


They both got to try holding the water hose too. That was probably the best part, that and sitting in the truck.






************Halloween**************

Halloween started off with decorating with spooky ghosts and spider webs for family night. It got the girls revved up for Halloween.




(Photo courtesy of Carly)







Carly was Snow White and loved every second of it.




Ella was a bride and then a bridezilla and then a bride again. This was taken in the car on the way to trick-or-treating at the mall.




Like I said, she is a little shy so when she got pushed out into the wide open of trick or treating festivities, with no fore warning, she got a little grumpy. (Hence the reason of only 1 picture of her smiling.)



Joseph and I were Fabulous Fitness Barbie and Country Club Ken. My inspirations was Barbie and Ken from Toy Story 3 but when I just couldn't find anything for our costumes to look like them verbatim I opted for inspiration. I love that Joseph just goes along with my crazy ideas! Love him!!




I thought it only fitting to get our picture taken in the toy store.





And of course we wouldn't be Barbie and Ken with out the "Barbie arms"




After pictures...on to the church carnival.....













And of course checking out "all" the loot they got. :)




We had a fun night but OHHHHHH how I was glad October was finally over! I think we stayed inside for about a whole week!

6 comments:

RileyDestry said...

Cute pictures! You guys sure look busy. I can't believe you can still go camping in October.

Katie said...

Oh what fun! I can't get over Carly's luscious locks! Lucky girl! And thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being Barbie and Ken. Thank you for the leotard and thank Joseph for the ascot. That was my very favorite part of the movie! Miss you guys!

Katie said...

p.s. Where do you even find a leo like that and WHERE did you get Joseph's hair?? Awesome. I'm going to dream about it now.

MoJo said...

Ha ha, Katie, I was so bummed b/c I found an amazing shimmery turquoise blue full body leotard but it had already sold on ebay when I found it. I got this one from Walmart. It was an XL in girls dance wear. I also had an awesome rainbow belt to tie my whole outfit together but totally forgot it in the hustle and bustle to get out the door on time (which we still didn't do). We got Joseph's hair last year for his "Ron Burgundy" costume. Only this year he combed it and hair sprayed it. It was even better in person!

Carolyn said...

you should wear spandex all the time! rockin bod!

sorry i should have been more clear about zulily. it's not just in utah, it's an online store.

SA said...

I Love your costume! You wore the spandex with confidence and looked great! :)