CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Yes, I started writting this on the 7th of Aug...

I've been so busy. You all know the feeling, so busy that you don't have time to blog and when you actually do have some time you definately don't feel like running your fingers across the keyboard at 60 wpm. You'd rather be laying on the couch either sleeping or watching mindless television. So yeah, that's me. Only we don't have a tv. So I fill my time crafting, hanging out with my hubby, playing with my children, finally finishing project that need to be finished (minus this blog that I started a month and a 1/2 ago.), cleaning, organizing playing board games, surfing the internet and watching movies on our lap top. So here's the past and present of what's been happening. I'll try to keep it short but just so you know, it won't be. :)


In the middle of July we went on a delightful trip to St. Louis for some sightseeing, Carmedic meeting and then made our way down up to Nauvoo, IL to celebrate our 5 year anniversary early(Love you baby!), to meet up with my best friend from high school and her family, and Joseph's sister and her family. I'll get to those pictures later. I don't want to bombard anyone. We flew back into Las Vegas to pick our girls up from Nonie and Pop's house (Yes...that's what that means....we were alone for a WHOLE week...just me and my sweetheart!) and met up with our old friends in Las Vegas and the Cox family from St. George. We came home to AZ, Joseph stayed to work and the girls and I went back out 2 days later on a 16 hour drive up to Island Park, Idaho for a family reunion near Yellowstone National Park. On our way there we stoped and stayed the night with the McQuistons, the family I nannied for. On our way back home, we got to stop in Provo to see my sister 'n law and their kids. Ella was in heaven b/c Lindsey has a 5 yr old girl and 3 yr. old tripplets, she had a TON of friends. When we go on vacation we don't mess around. :)

So here's a rundown (part one)of our summer in picture form:


My brother Lincoln graciously made the 16 hour drive from Mesa, AZ up to Island Park, ID with me. (He's sitting like a mile away from us due to a really nasty burn on his leg, not b/c we stink)


We stopped in SLC to spend the night and some quality time with the McQuiston Family who I nannied for when I was 19. I love them like my own family.


Ella absolutely adored McKinley and wouldn't leave her side. McKinley was about 6 months older than Ella when I started nannying for them. Crazy!


Ella and I at the begining of the trip. Carly stayed at the cabin with my parents. Probably the best idea. This float trip was super long!



My brother Noah in the back, my brother Adam and his cute wife Ashley.


Our float trip was so long Noah peed himself. He seemed pretty proud of himself.


...And Ella was fully disgusted.



I was bored so I started a river grass fight. So gross to have slimey river grass and algea flung at you but it was fun and we were laughing so hard our mouths AND stomachs hurt.

Ella even got in on it. (about 5 min after the fight died down we soon found gross worms all over us from the rivergrass and even a leach! EEEEEeeeewwwww! Good call Morgan, great idea.


My two crazy brothers. Noah and Adam. We kept hitting low spots in the river and Noah found a stick to pull us out.


Longest float trip ever. It seriously was like 4 hours long! Just slowly floating down the river. Ella was totally knocked out the last hour of the trip.


My sibs minus Lincoln and of course Joseph isn't in it. From left to right...Brother Noah, Sister Ashley, Ashley's BF Sam, Ella in Sam's lap, Me and Carly, Sis 'n law Ashley, Brother Adam and Trudy.


Back at the cabin, my big sis Ashley and little bro. No-No and their perfect Chandler Bing smiles.


Clinging on to the girls at an awesome waterfall in Yellowstone. Right off this ledge was a freaky drop off.



Me and Carly. (if you couldn't tell)


Ella and Ashley. (Ella is posing. ha ha. She's going through this posing stage so be sure to watch for it in all the pictures of her.)


Carly chill'n at Old Faithful.

Ella and Trudy (Adam and Ashley's dog). They were fast friends.


Carly and Ella hiking. They were so good the whole trip. Probably from so much to see. (Another pose for Ella)





hiking some more.



Another one of Ella's poses.








An elk that litterally walked RIGHT infront of my brother's little VW Golf. He was so big!







Four generation photo with my mom and grandma.



On our way home we stopped in Provo for a few hours of rest at my sister 'n law, Lindsey's home away from home. Ella was in HEAVEN with her cousins. Tripplets all her age and a 5 year old Mable who was more than willing to play countless hours of dress up with her.





In about 5 hours time they jumped on the tramp. Look at all those happy little smiles.





.....Went swimming.






......Swung on the tire swing.....ate dinner.....played dress up for about 2 hours....played some more and then got in the car for the 10 hour drive home. Yikes!!!




Joseph left us to go to Texas the while we were in Yellowstone. We tried hard to fill our days and nights with fun things to do. Here we are infront of the movie theater. I took the girls once a week to the summer movie camp. It was fun for them and we met up with some friends every time. We made sure to bring our water play gear to play in the splash pad, directly across from the theater, after the movie.

We sure missed Daddy and it made for a LONG month. I was supposed to pack the whole house by myself. Although I asked for help from the Relief Society to come help me pack for two days and not one of them showed up. I thought that was a little messed up but come on, not like I had much faith in them anyway. :) I had a couple of friends come through for me and made an emergency packing day out of it. They were great and you know who you are. Thanks SO much! I couldn't have done it with out you OR with out my great babysitters who offered to take my girls for me so I could get packing and cleaning done. I think I did pretty well while Joseph was gone. I only had one break down and that was at the begining. Then I jumped back on the saddle and rode it out the rest of the way. I'll be sure to update more now...I still have more summer pictures from St. Louis, Nauvoo and Vegas to add to my part two of my Summer Sum it up. (I know you probably don't care but for my journaling purposes I'm doing it.) To all my fans out there, sorry it took so long to get this going, I knew I had so much to catch up on and I put it off for WAY too long.

9 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

Such a fun post to read! maybe just because I love your family so much and it was awesome seeing so many pictures of everyone. :)I'm glad you had a fun summer--can't wait to see more pics! Love ya!

Crystal said...

Looks like a fun vacation. Carly is so big now. I love Ella's poses. Also I hope you like your new home.

The Pachuilo Family said...

I am so glad you finally posted, I was getting worried there for a moment. I am glad you had such a fun summer.

Mackenzie and JT said...

way cute pics! You look so great Morgan! Skinny!! How is everything going?

Faron and Erin said...

YOu look so good! And Your hair is adorable..mines kinda like that now. Must be the cool think to do..I miss you! Looks like it was a fun summer.

ATnell said...

The long awaited post! Even though I posted those pictures myself, yours had much better commentary. You had a really exciting summer it sounds like. That's awesome you got to see so many old friends and family.

Carolyn said...

WOW! The award for super woman goes to... A month with out your hubby to road trip, vacation, pack your house and move? Crazy! Hope your loving your new digs. And thanks for peeking at my shop. A red hat for Carly shall surely be ear marked. (They go up to 24 mos)

Melissa Wilson said...

I have a lot to say but most importantly, You and your sis in law Ashley look crazy alike...what the what?! And I LOVE Ella's poses, too cute! And why are you so skinny and have super cute hair? Oh I cannot wait to see you--we are on for the race in Lubbock if you are! :)

Shane and Alissa said...

Sounds like one crazy summer! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun...although there is that one pic with ella it doesn't look like you are wearing anything :)