CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

SOLIDS!



Friday (the 18th) I was nursing Carly and she sucked me dry. I think she might be going through a growth spurt b/c she was crying b/c she wanted more food but I didn't have anything left for her. She will be 4 months on the 22nd of this month. So I got some rice cereal and decided to give it the go ahead. She did awesome! At first she was like, "what the heck is this" but after her first bite she was so excited. With her mouth wide opened, her eyes beaming and kicking excitedly, I could tell that she was really excited about this new found food. She's been doing great since then with eating. I give her about a 1/4 cup in the morning and right before bed and she nurses right after to top her off. It's great b/c now I have an alternative to having to nurse her in public when she's hungry. I remember Ella started solids a few days before she turned 4 months and she was so excited to eat rice cereal that she'd cry so hard between bites because I wasn't feeding her fast enough. lol This is a new milestone that just brings my baby closer to being a big girl. Some thing that is bitter sweet to me. "Hmmmmm, what do I think of this?"

"Yep, I like it."



"Yep, I really like it!"


Here are some more pictures throughout the week.
It was a bath taking....



Swimming outside....



Swim suite wearing....



Sun catching...



Picnic having...


Soring in the air....



Reading books to your sister...(This was so cute. She sat down to read Carly this book and was talking to her about the pictures. I asked her, "Are you reading to Carly?" and she looks up at me, with a smirk on her face and says so matter of factly, "Me can't read mommy. Silly mommy, me can't read. Me showing Carly pictures". How could I be so dumb?)

Sunday nap taking....

....regular old weekend.

6 comments:

Karen Trunnell said...

These children are, of course, adorable in every way!

Lobdell family said...

These kids are adorable. You look great to. Hope to see you soon.

Crystal said...

Your kids are getting so big. Both are so cute. We still need to meet Carly!

Travis and Lindsey said...

Such cute pictures! I cannot believe how much Ella looks like you.

Melissa Wilson said...

I love all the pictures, you are so good about taking pictures...I need some major improvement! Looks like you guys are having too much fun out there!

steph said...

looks like you guys are doing good and keeping busy as usual. good job on starting solids with carly!!