CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Killian Family Update






Carly at 4 months







Carly's 3 mo pictures.

Carly is doing great. She just went in for her 4 month appointment and she is very healthy. She's 15 pounds 3 oz. and 21 1/4 in long. She's in the 80th % for her weight and 75th % for height. So she's long and chubby. :) She sure is a cutie. She's grabbing at things now and LOVES sucking on her hands. She's spitting a lot and loves making razzing noises with her tongue. She also loves hearing her own voice and shrieks as loud as she can just to hear herself or to get our attention. It's pretty cute and definitely gets our attention. She's a pretty happy girl and only gets sad when I've waited to long to feed her. Carly wakes up as happy as can be and I love waking up to her excited shrieks and smiles. She started solids about a week and a half ago and is doing awesome. I think we'll start her on peas Friday.







Ella is great. She loves being a big sister, a big helper, and being very independent. She's talking like crazy and says the funniest things. A few weeks ago she pulled my hair to frame my face and said, "mommy, urs so piddyful. Urs piddyful mommy." and she likes to add, "SO" into every sentence. For example, "Mommy so happy?" "Carly so sad?" "That boy so sad?" "Ella so happy!" Some other cute things she says: We read a book to Ella right before bed. I usually say "the end" at the end of the story. Now when we're done reading the story, before I can say, "the end" she says, "amen". "Hard me dooed it" = it's hard for me to do. I love when she reads to Carly and kisses her better when she's crying (even if she's crying just b/c she's hungry). Ella had a come apart at her 2 year check up (and yes, we JUST got it done) She kept saying, "No! Don't da hawrt beep" (I don't want my heart beat). She's really timid toward men and it was a male nurse taking her stats. She wouldn't let go of my neck and had her legs wrapped really tightly around my waist. It was so sad. But we finally calmed her down and my parents got her a doctor set that she could play with so next time she wouldn't be so scared. She weighed in at 28 pounds and 3 feet tall! I guess if you double her height when she is 2 years old it's supposed to be a good estimate of how tall she'll be when she's hit her tallest. So she's gonna be a big 'ole 6 foot women according to that! She's so much fun to be around and I love her more and more every day. She LOVES Elmo, gluing (anything), her explore and learn class (just a class full of fun activities), playing with her friends, slides, helping daddy cook and helping mommy with anything. Ella has got the funniest personality. The other night Joseph and I were watching a movie and I could hear some sort of soft noise like someone was rubbing the carpet with their feet. Joseph went to check to see if Ella was up. He caught her, butt naked from the waist down, army crawling to the toilet. I guess so that we didn't make her go back to bed (having to go potty is a common excuse to get up when she's supposed to go to bed. She's figured out that if she has her pants down when she asks then we'll let her go) It was so funny to find her like that and Joseph was trying not to laugh. He just looks at her and says, "what are you doing??" to which she replies in the sweetest 2 year old Ella voice, "My potty?".

I have actually really gotten into the card making class that I've been doing now once a month. I didn't ever see myself getting into something like that but, it is fun to do and they are cute cards. I've been running and jump roping along with SOME weight lifting. (I've got to get bigger weights) I've lost 21 pounds since March 1st and I've got a little more to go to hit my goal by June 1st. Then I start my second set of goals. Other than that, I've basically been being a mommy. Trying to get naps and lunch schedules worked into cleaning, errands, fun and dinner. Life is a little crazy and I feel like I'm constantly late to everything.

Joseph is doing well. He picked up a new dealership at work and so far so good with them. He's been doing AWESOME with eating well and working out. He runs in the mornings and at night and jump ropes with me so I don't have to be outside at night by myself. He's doing push ups and sit ups as well and has lost a total of 31 pounds since March 1st. He looks AWESOME and everyone has noticed the weight loss in him. He's a great motivator to me and a big help. He's been making dinners ever since I had Carly it seems like. I feel almost like I've forgotten how to cook. He really likes doing it and it's a big help to me b/c it seems Carly always needs to be fed around our dinner time.

We're getting ready for a big family reunion in Montana at these nice cabins on Seely Lake. Oh, and we almost bought a house about 2 weeks ago. We signed everything to get it built but the loan didn't got through. Apparently, b/c of the falling economy, banks don't really like to give loans to people who own their own small business b/c their business could fall at any point in time. So we didn't get approved for the loan and they gave us our money back that we put down on the house. So right now we are praying hard and doing everything we can to get into a house by the time our lease is up in Oct. We are packing things up as if we're going to move. Getting our credit to perfection and saving as much money as we can so we could put at least 5% down. That's about it for us Killians.

7 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

Sounds like your sweet little family is doing well! Good work on the weight loss! It sounds like you guys are really sticking to it, which seems to be the hardest part! We need some picts of the two of you!

MoJo said...

You'll get those as soon as I hit to goal. ;)

Lobdell family said...

Your girls and parents are adorable. It is really nice to see them. Your ella is 28 lbs and my ella is 35 lbs. She will be 2 in August. I am glad everyone is healthy and congrats on yours and Joseph's weight loss.

Hopeful in Washington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha Fife said...

Congrats on the weight loss, I better get my jiggly butt in gear for our trip huh? We are getting pretty excited to see some sun,..... and some Killians!

Faron and Erin said...

Your girls are beautiful! I love Carly's pictures! They turned out really cute. She definately looks like her Daddy! I am so proud of you guys for doing so good on your weight loss. I need to start. I saw a pic of me and I was like.. "Is that me!..GROSS!" Maybe you can send me some tips? Shanks!

steph said...

what cutie little kiddos. it sounds like you guys are good and busy these days. good job on the weight loss. those are pretty substantial numbers!! way to be dedicated!!