![]() ![]() | ![]() ![]() |
I've been dreading having to write about my Florida trip. Not that I didn't have fun, I had a blast, there's just soooo much to write about that I've been putting it off. :)
Anyway, it all started at 3:30 am when I woke up to leave from the Las Vegas airport. My flight left at 6:30 am and I didn't get to Florida till about 5:30 in the afternoon. It was nice to be greeted by my girls Julie, Sarah Ann and Erin. Funny thing though, when I went to put my bag in Erin's car I could smell something that smelled like burning tires. I didn't think anything of it till Erin was having trouble driving on the freeway. Then I smelled the smell again and we saw smoke coming from the back tires. So Erin pulls over to the first exit she sees (which happens to be the deep south Jacksonville, FL GHETTO!) and low and behold... there was a auto parts store. I called my dad and told him what was going on as two of the girls went in and found this guy that doesn't even work there, he just is a "freelance" mechanic and hangs out at the store waiting for people like us to roll in off the freeway needing some assistance. His name was Joe Street (but his friends called 'im "Street") anyway, despite the hilarious things he said (that weren't supposed to be a joke) he did a really good job and since it was some backwoods, makeshift mechanic's shop he took us too, It was about $1000 cheaper than it would cost any other Mechanic to do the job. Anyway, he sure got a treat that day picking up a bunch of giggly girls that haven't seen each other in about 4 years. We were taking pictures of him and laughing at all of these people coming out of this semi truck trailer bed. It was like a freak'n clown car!
So aside from that big adventure it was great seeing my girlfriends that could make it out. We had a lot of fun going to the beach every other day, visiting different sights like St.Augustine and Orlando. Erin and Julie took me crabbing early one morning. It was fun to see how it's done. We didn't catch many but it sure was an experience. We each caught at least 1 baby crab that we threw back. It was crazy (and a little freaky) to see those little guys working so hard to get out of that net. :) Anyway, Here are some pictures of our adventure. They will probably tell more of the story than I could. :) All in all, we had a Breaks burning, "Street" finding, stay'n up late, wake'n up too early, beach chill'n, boardwalk'n, getting Brayden to walk, Papa John's eat'n, mall shop'n, bra fit'n, piano dual'n, off key sing'n, St. Augustine walk'n, ice cream eat'n, western picture take'n, pregnant bikini wear'n, crab catch'n, sunburn wear'n, Seafood eat'n, stand'n up on a chair in the restraunt to have "Happy Birthday" sung to you, sand everywhere, best friend see'n, stay'n up late talk'n, millions of pictures take'n good time! :)
The fun didn't stop in Florida though... right before I left for my flight I went to Walmart so I could get some snacks and didn't have to pay my right arm for them. I got some tortilla chips and one of those little Fritos pop top cans of nacho cheese (real healthy, I know). So while I'm on the flight they start passing out drinks so I think, "oh, perfect time to eat my nachos". So I pull out my can-o-cheese and start to peel the top off. About 1/2 way off, the lid won't budge. So I pull harder and it snapped off. Then I look down at my belly and oh! look, nacho cheese splattered all over me. So as I'm using my napkin to dab up each splatter I happen to glance over at the 15 year old kid sleeping in the seat next to me. Don't worry about my nacho cheese splattered all over his shirt, hair and FACE! He didn't wake up so here I am, soooo embarassed and trying to think of my options on what to do. Option #1: I could act like I didn't know and wait for him to wake up and figure it out. Option #2: I could wake him up and tell him what happend. Option #3: I could try and dab it up from him and try not to wake him up. So being the dingy blonde I am I chose the latter. I pulled out another napkin and proceeded to dab at his shirt, ever so carefully as to not wake him up. My planned foiled when he woke up to me leaning over his sleeping body holding his shirt in my hand and dabbing cheese off of it. I just look up at him and all I could muster up to say was, "hi". Ohhhhh My Gosh! So far, that was the most embarassing thing in my life!! I told him how sorry I was and that it must've been the cabin pressure and made the can explode. I had to sit there by him in silence for about another 1/2 hour before I could run away from him and catch my connecting flight. Yikes!






4 comments:
Sweet pics!!! I love the plane story! I had been anxiously waiting!! I seriously laughed out loud!YOu are too much. It was so much fun having you around for a week. I know your family missed you, but I was sure glad to have you with me!How's Ella and Carly?
It's so cool that you still keep in touch with the old roomies. You guys sure did have a tight friendship. Glad to see that everyone is doing so great. Take care
sorry i'm so far behind. i'm home right now so i'm a little out of the loop but CONGRATS on Little Miss!! Sisters will be so much fun!! I'm so excited for you guys!!
The baby sleeping bag is the buntung bag I had on the carseat then she was a newborn, I just figured it would work camping. Yeah, she slept in it a lot. It was better than a blanket because she is squirmy and that stayed on her! I always go to Penny's to take her monthly pictures because I have a bunch of coupns that give me one free 8x10 and the rest of the sheets are like 4 bucks. You should have them too, they are in the free parenting magazines, steal them at the doctors office!
Post a Comment